Arnold had sex with 16 year old
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:08:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Arnold had sex with 16 year old
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Arnold had sex with 16 year old  (Read 19599 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2005, 08:25:47 PM »

The only article I found mention their age was  that he "met" Gigi Goyette when she was 16.  That's a lot different than they "had sex" when she was 16.

It also notes a 7 year relationship, much later.

Don't expect Jfern to get too concerned with minor details like that. If he's going to go after Arnold, he ought to find something more compelling than possible 30-year-old sex.

Dazzleman,

Keep egging Jfern on.  I want to see his head explode like one of those femme-bots on Austin Powers.

Aaaaaahhhhgggggh!!!!!

Just kidding.

Anyways, they both had "outercourse" sex, whatever that is when she was 16, and he had an affair with her later (when she was legal, but he was still cheating).
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2005, 08:28:12 PM »

you can tag a hottie  at 16 in MS, so long as momma and daddy don't mind

Yeah, well it's 18 in CA, which is the relevant state law.

Funny how the Republicans all ignore the hush money.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2005, 09:47:21 PM »

If this had come out about Bill Clinton, Democrats would be vociferously arguing that it made no difference.

But now we're supposed to take seriously a 30-year-old relationship simply because Schwarzenegger is a Republican.

If this were recent, it would be a big issue, but since it took place in 1975, who cares?  Standards were different back then in any case, and it was a long, long time ago.

And it's ridiculous to think that the Democrats are going to howl in outrage over this when we all know full they that they would defend it if it involved one of their patron saints.

I would argue that it would make no difference with Bill Clinton, and I argue that it makes no difference with Arnold Schwartzenegger, too.  I honestly don't care if a politician has sex with an underage girl thirty years ago, regardless of what party the politician is in.  It has no bearing whatsoever on how well the politician is able to do his job, and the fact that anyone would care about this makes me lose a bit of faith in the human race.

I don't really agree with you here.  I would care if it were recent.  If Schwarzenegger were having sex with a 16-year-old girl now, I would be disgusted with it.  I think a politician's personal life has some bearing on his/her fitness for office, and I think that character counts.  But we don't have to go into every detail.  Still, sex with a minor is egregious.

But if it happened 30 years ago, I don't care.  I wouldn't want to be judged by things I did more than half my lifetime ago.  Clearly, people digging this up are just looking to make trouble for Schwarzenegger for other reasons, and want to use this.  They were outraged when a recent affair was used against Clinton, but think it's perfectly OK to bring up a 30 year old trist with Schwarzenegger.  Typical.

It's the "thirty years ago" part that's crucial in what I said.  If a 50-year-old politician is having sex with an underage girl right now, I think that would be fair game.  But thirty years ago?  It's not as if people can't reform; what the person is like right now is what matters.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2005, 10:03:22 PM »

It's the "thirty years ago" part that's crucial in what I said.  If a 50-year-old politician is having sex with an underage girl right now, I think that would be fair game.  But thirty years ago?  It's not as if people can't reform; what the person is like right now is what matters.

In that case, we're in full agreement.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies