Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 30, 2014, 09:15:09 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Gubernatorial/Statewide Elections (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  Arnold had sex with 16 year old
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Arnold had sex with 16 year old  (Read 12757 times)
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2005, 01:27:47 am »
Ignore

$20,000 was paid to her to keep quiet. Time for the delusional Republicans to face up to the fact that this scumbag isn't getting re-elected.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/12/AR2005081201651.html
A18
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 01:51:25 am »
Ignore

Where does it say 16 year old?
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 01:59:05 am »
Ignore

Where does it say 16 year old?

Here, in case you need help finding her age in 1975.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/8/13/235231/672
Grad Students are the Worst
Alcon
Moderators
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 02:22:09 am »
Ignore

I have trouble believing that if she was 16, they would so blatantly ignore this.

n/c
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 02:32:47 am »
Ignore

I have trouble believing that if she was 16, they would so blatantly ignore this.

That who would ignore this? She got hush money. It's the major scandal. Arnold's last scandal, the $8,000,000 from some magazine for passing favorable legislation is now old news.
A18
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 02:39:27 am »
Ignore

He didn't get the money for passing favorable legislation.
Grad Students are the Worst
Alcon
Moderators
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 03:26:04 am »
Ignore

That who would ignore this? She got hush money. It's the major scandal. Arnold's last scandal, the $8,000,000 from some magazine for passing favorable legislation is now old news.

The media.  What sounds better: "affair" or "affair with a 16-year-old"?

n/c
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2005, 03:40:00 am »
Ignore

Good for him!  I hear he also did males, though only in a manly fashion (top).  However, the only aspect of his personal lifestyle that would be repulsive to a reasonable person would be his impoliteness and agressiveness. 

It is time that America face the fact that teenage girls are hot, and it is perfectly normal for men to have sex with them.

That said, it will be nice to see Swartzenaegar go down, for whatever silly reason appeals to the voters.. or maybe even for his right-wing politics.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2005, 03:48:36 am »
Ignore

He slept with  a 16 year old thirty years ago, and your bothering me with that fact [/i]now[/i]?
You may get back to me when you got news of him murdering somebody 30 years ago.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2005, 03:58:40 am »
Ignore

He slept with  a 16 year old thirty years ago, and your bothering me with that fact [/i]now[/i]?
You may get back to me when you got news of him murdering somebody 30 years ago.

The age of consent in California is 18. That's statuatory rape, except that the statute of limitations has run out.
A18
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2005, 03:59:26 am »
Ignore

He was, what, 28?
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2005, 04:00:34 am »
Ignore

He was, what, 28?

Yes
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2005, 04:11:27 am »
Ignore

He slept with a 16 year old thirty years ago, and your bothering me with that fact [/i]now[/i]?

The age of consent in California is 18. That's statuatory rape, except that the statute of limitations has run out.
Just goes to show that the use of the term "rape" for cases like this is vile, disgusting, and demeaning to young women.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
ATFFL
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2005, 10:24:18 am »
Ignore

Hang on a minute.  Stories printed in the National Enquirer are now being used? 
dazzleman
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2005, 10:38:03 am »
Ignore

If this had come out about Bill Clinton, Democrats would be vociferously arguing that it made no difference.

But now we're supposed to take seriously a 30-year-old relationship simply because Schwarzenegger is a Republican.

If this were recent, it would be a big issue, but since it took place in 1975, who cares?  Standards were different back then in any case, and it was a long, long time ago.

And it's ridiculous to think that the Democrats are going to howl in outrage over this when we all know full they that they would defend it if it involved one of their patron saints.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2005, 10:54:59 am »
Ignore

If there is any truth to this Id say it was a very foolish thing to do and reflects badly on the Governors judgment and character.

However it has to be born in mind that for the most part this does not reflect on his ability to execute his duties as governor of the state of California, nor does it any way reflect on the current political battles hes involved with against Democrats in the state.

If this had come out about Bill Clinton, Democrats would be vociferously arguing that it made no difference.

I think its also fair to say that if something like this had come out about Clinton then the Lewinsky witch hunt would have looked like an Easter egg hunt in comparison to the furore it would have provoked, especially on the right. That said, there would have been no grounds for impeaching him or suggesting that it illustrated an inability to discharge (no pun intended Cheesy ) his duties POTUS.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 01:21:44 pm by Justice Ben. »Logged

.Britains Mayor.
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2005, 01:10:26 pm »
Ignore

Just goes to show that the use of the term "rape" for cases like this is vile, disgusting, and demeaning to young women.

It's what the law says. Plenty of younger people who slept with a 16 year old got in a lot of trouble for this.
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2005, 01:11:16 pm »
Ignore

Hang on a minute.  Stories printed in the National Enquirer are now being used? 

That's not the source of this story, even though that mentions something.
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2005, 01:12:59 pm »
Ignore

But now we're supposed to take seriously a 30-year-old relationship simply because Schwarzenegger is a Republican.

If this were recent, it would be a big issue, but since it took place in 1975, who cares?  Standards were different back then in any case, and it was a long, long time ago.

And it's ridiculous to think that the Democrats are going to howl in outrage over this when we all know full they that they would defend it if it involved one of their patron saints.

Monica was 24 or 25. See the difference?
dazzleman
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2005, 01:24:22 pm »
Ignore

If this were recent, it would be a big issue, but since it took place in 1975, who cares? Standards were different back then in any case, and it was a long, long time ago.

And Bill Clinton was 50 at the time.  Arnold was what, 23 or 24 in 1975?
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2005, 01:25:47 pm »
Ignore

And Bill Clinton was 50 at the time.  Arnold was what, 23 or 24 in 1975?

28. The law says that 16 and 28 is bad news. It doesn't say anything about 50 and 25.
Cashcow
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.63, S: -3.49

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2005, 01:29:28 pm »
Ignore

Arnold has plenty of skeletons in his closet, and you'll notice that most of them involve events that occured decades ago. California is always going to have an education crisis, an immigration crisis, an energy crisis, etc. Every governor is going to be hated by at least 50% of the population. Get used to it. Scumbag or not, he's better than Davis.
dazzleman
YaBB God
Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2005, 01:33:08 pm »
Ignore

If this were recent, it would be a big issue, but since it took place in 1975, who cares? Standards were different back then in any case, and it was a long, long time ago.

And Bill Clinton was 50 at the time. Arnold was what, 23 or 24 in 1975?

28. The law says that 16 and 28 is bad news. It doesn't say anything about 50 and 25.

Whatever.  I really don't give a s**t about what Arnold did in 1975.  If he did it in 2000, then talk to me.  What are you going to dig up next, that he got a speeding ticket in 1980, or maybe he got caught chewing gum once when he was in school and had to stay after?

It's pretty pathetic that you have to go back this far.  Are you motivated by anything but hate?  If so, I haven't seen it.  It's not as if it comes as a big surprise that Arnold had a wild sex life in his youth, and maybe still does to some degree.  I think that was well known before he was elected governor of California.

As Cashcow said, he's better than Davis.
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2005, 01:35:07 pm »
Ignore

The people arguing that this is old news that happened a long time ago seem to have missed the illegal hush money paid to her to keep quiet.
Cashcow
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.63, S: -3.49

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2005, 01:47:47 pm »
Ignore

The people arguing that this is old news that happened a long time ago seem to have missed the illegal hush money paid to her to keep quiet.

He can't ever amend for his wrongdoings?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout