Arnold had sex with 16 year old
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:24:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Arnold had sex with 16 year old
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Arnold had sex with 16 year old  (Read 19594 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 14, 2005, 01:27:47 AM »

$20,000 was paid to her to keep quiet. Time for the delusional Republicans to face up to the fact that this scumbag isn't getting re-elected.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/12/AR2005081201651.html
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 01:51:25 AM »

Where does it say 16 year old?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 01:59:05 AM »

Here, in case you need help finding her age in 1975.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/8/13/235231/672
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 02:22:09 AM »

I have trouble believing that if she was 16, they would so blatantly ignore this.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 02:32:47 AM »

I have trouble believing that if she was 16, they would so blatantly ignore this.

That who would ignore this? She got hush money. It's the major scandal. Arnold's last scandal, the $8,000,000 from some magazine for passing favorable legislation is now old news.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 02:39:27 AM »

He didn't get the money for passing favorable legislation.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 03:26:04 AM »

That who would ignore this? She got hush money. It's the major scandal. Arnold's last scandal, the $8,000,000 from some magazine for passing favorable legislation is now old news.

The media.  What sounds better: "affair" or "affair with a 16-year-old"?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2005, 03:40:00 AM »

Good for him!  I hear he also did males, though only in a manly fashion (top).  However, the only aspect of his personal lifestyle that would be repulsive to a reasonable person would be his impoliteness and agressiveness. 

It is time that America face the fact that teenage girls are hot, and it is perfectly normal for men to have sex with them.

That said, it will be nice to see Swartzenaegar go down, for whatever silly reason appeals to the voters.. or maybe even for his right-wing politics.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2005, 03:48:36 AM »

He slept with  a 16 year old thirty years ago, and your bothering me with that fact [/i]now[/i]?
You may get back to me when you got news of him murdering somebody 30 years ago.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2005, 03:58:40 AM »

He slept with  a 16 year old thirty years ago, and your bothering me with that fact [/i]now[/i]?
You may get back to me when you got news of him murdering somebody 30 years ago.

The age of consent in California is 18. That's statuatory rape, except that the statute of limitations has run out.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2005, 03:59:26 AM »

He was, what, 28?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2005, 04:00:34 AM »

Yes
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2005, 04:11:27 AM »

The age of consent in California is 18. That's statuatory rape, except that the statute of limitations has run out.
Just goes to show that the use of the term "rape" for cases like this is vile, disgusting, and demeaning to young women.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2005, 10:24:18 AM »

Hang on a minute.  Stories printed in the National Enquirer are now being used? 
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2005, 10:38:03 AM »

If this had come out about Bill Clinton, Democrats would be vociferously arguing that it made no difference.

But now we're supposed to take seriously a 30-year-old relationship simply because Schwarzenegger is a Republican.

If this were recent, it would be a big issue, but since it took place in 1975, who cares?  Standards were different back then in any case, and it was a long, long time ago.

And it's ridiculous to think that the Democrats are going to howl in outrage over this when we all know full they that they would defend it if it involved one of their patron saints.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2005, 10:54:59 AM »
« Edited: August 14, 2005, 01:21:44 PM by Justice Ben. »

If there is any truth to this I’d say it was a very foolish thing to do and reflects badly on the Governor’s judgment and character.

However it has to be born in mind that for the most part this does not reflect on his ability to execute his duties as governor of the state of California, nor does it any way reflect on the current political battles he’s involved with against Democrats in the state. 

If this had come out about Bill Clinton, Democrats would be vociferously arguing that it made no difference.

I think it’s also fair to say that if something like this had come out about Clinton then the Lewinsky witch hunt would have looked like an Easter egg hunt in comparison to the furore it would have provoked, especially on the right. That said, there would have been no grounds for impeaching him or suggesting that it illustrated an inability to discharge (no pun intended Cheesy ) his duties POTUS.   
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2005, 01:10:26 PM »

Just goes to show that the use of the term "rape" for cases like this is vile, disgusting, and demeaning to young women.

It's what the law says. Plenty of younger people who slept with a 16 year old got in a lot of trouble for this.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2005, 01:11:16 PM »

Hang on a minute.  Stories printed in the National Enquirer are now being used? 

That's not the source of this story, even though that mentions something.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2005, 01:12:59 PM »

But now we're supposed to take seriously a 30-year-old relationship simply because Schwarzenegger is a Republican.

If this were recent, it would be a big issue, but since it took place in 1975, who cares?  Standards were different back then in any case, and it was a long, long time ago.

And it's ridiculous to think that the Democrats are going to howl in outrage over this when we all know full they that they would defend it if it involved one of their patron saints.

Monica was 24 or 25. See the difference?
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2005, 01:24:22 PM »

And Bill Clinton was 50 at the time.  Arnold was what, 23 or 24 in 1975?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2005, 01:25:47 PM »

28. The law says that 16 and 28 is bad news. It doesn't say anything about 50 and 25.
Cashcow

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2005, 01:29:28 PM »

Arnold has plenty of skeletons in his closet, and you'll notice that most of them involve events that occured decades ago. California is always going to have an education crisis, an immigration crisis, an energy crisis, etc. Every governor is going to be hated by at least 50% of the population. Get used to it. Scumbag or not, he's better than Davis.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2005, 01:33:08 PM »

28. The law says that 16 and 28 is bad news. It doesn't say anything about 50 and 25.

Whatever.  I really don't give a s**t about what Arnold did in 1975.  If he did it in 2000, then talk to me.  What are you going to dig up next, that he got a speeding ticket in 1980, or maybe he got caught chewing gum once when he was in school and had to stay after?

It's pretty pathetic that you have to go back this far.  Are you motivated by anything but hate?  If so, I haven't seen it.  It's not as if it comes as a big surprise that Arnold had a wild sex life in his youth, and maybe still does to some degree.  I think that was well known before he was elected governor of California.

As Cashcow said, he's better than Davis.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2005, 01:35:07 PM »

The people arguing that this is old news that happened a long time ago seem to have missed the illegal hush money paid to her to keep quiet.
Cashcow

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2005, 01:47:47 PM »

The people arguing that this is old news that happened a long time ago seem to have missed the illegal hush money paid to her to keep quiet.

He can't ever amend for his wrongdoings?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies