Do you remember 9/11?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:15:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you remember 9/11?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: --
Yes, and I witnessed it firsthand

Yes

No, but I was alive

No, I wasn't born yet.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 108

Author Topic: Do you remember 9/11?  (Read 1910 times)
Tartarus Sauce
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2017, 06:34:57 PM »

I was 7 years old, but I don't remember it very well. I don't remember anything about what I did that day or the reactions of anybody, maybe some memories could be jogged if I talked to my parents about what I was doing that day and in the days afterwards. Off the top of my head, my only explicit memories the day of was watching the news footage and how it was covered for weeks. That I do remember.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2017, 10:31:44 PM »

I ws a early teen at the time, so I didn't truly understand the significance of it, but yes. looking back at the coverage it makes me mad I didn't have more sympathy
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2017, 11:34:15 PM »

Yes. My sister watched it unfold in front of her eyes from her office in the Financial District, while an office mate and her tried pulling a sobbing puddle of their co-worker off the floor when the first tower, where her fiance worked, collapsed (he called soon afterwards to say he got out all right).

My long term girlfriend was working in the city government office in Alexandria.

My father regularly flew USAir flights out of Pittsburgh for business. It took some time before I learned the plane that crashed in Western PA wasn't coming in or out of Pittsburgh.

I was working in a government office skyscraper, albeit in Ohio.

The stress was.....quite bad. And then I heard 3000 dead.
Though I was alive and have vivid memories of 9/11 myself, it's hard to watch the footage and know that only (as awful as it was) 3,000 people died. In the hours after the attack I remember people thinking tens of thousands were dead.

Yea we were all very lucky that the first plane hit too early for most of the 9-5 crowd to be in the first tower that was hit.  The first tower was also hit relatively high up, which gave most people a chance to escape. I do remember initial sketchy tabloid reports that said up too 50,000 people could have died.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies