When did Fremont become such a Labor bastion? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:49:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  When did Fremont become such a Labor bastion? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When did Fremont become such a Labor bastion?  (Read 2072 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: July 11, 2017, 08:13:02 AM »

Meh...glancing at the voter rolls, this election appears to have played out exactly as they would suggest. This election was between two candidates who didn't necessarily command authority or possess gravitas within their respective Atlasian hemispheres prior to the election, so there was no inherent advantage either way. It came down to GOTV. Very few can match Dear Sweet Jambles at that.

The Pacific/Fremont has historically had a substantial left-of-center partisan registration advantage (whether that be Labor alone or Labor + other parties) over the Federalists on paper, but that doesn't tell the full story. The region has often also had a rather large cache of "independents" who lean heavily to the right. Imagine a 50-40 split in favor of Laborites over Federalists, with the remaining 10 percent voting 3:1 for conservatives.

But yes, the region has pretty consistently favored Labor/Labor-allied politicians (with the occasional exception) ever since Rimjob liberated the region from the Liberal Party's deflated zombie army back in 2013. When Fremont was created last year by effectively merging the Pacific and the Midwest, nothing really changed because the Midwest basically looked just like the Pacific at the time (though historically the former was a bit more leftist and a bit more Labor). The advantage has been pretty consistent but not usually very large or completely insurmountable under the right conditions.

Referring back to my first paragraph...when the Right runs somebody who has the right relationships/authority status and they're facing off against somebody who doesn't possess that on the Left, then they can potentially win. That's how you can get a Senator Ted or a Senator Lumine (RIP). Otherwise, as long as somebody on the Left is running GOTV, it's theirs to lose. This is why Barnes beat Wulfric by more than would have been expected (plus Wulfric's broader forum persona probably didn't help). Nevertheless, I'd actually argue that Wulfric would be a better candidate in a vacuum than AZ, but AZ was able to perform better than him (i.e. how a "Generic Anti-Labor" candidate would perform) because he was running against somebody who's relatively brand new.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 03:31:00 PM »

OMG

Did Adam just mention Lumine without being negative about him?

I was going to edit it a couple of minutes later to say "(RIP you bald bastards)" but I really hate edit timestamps.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies