Emergency 2018 senate ratings changes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:09:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Emergency 2018 senate ratings changes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Emergency 2018 senate ratings changes  (Read 1873 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2017, 12:38:08 AM »

I miss ahugecat. he wouldn't post 1 sentence replys.
mencken
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2017, 09:53:53 AM »

No, you have it all wrong. Trump's hick base will not show up since he has utterly failed to make America great again; meanwhile any other decent person will show up and vote for the Democratic nominee to virtue-signal their resistance to Trump.

LEAN GOP: Wyoming, Nebraska (Modestly Republican leaning states without credible Democrat opponents, but in a wave these might flip)

TOSSUP: Utah, Mississippi (Trump only got 45% in Utah, and you saw what happened in next-door Alabama)

LEAN DEM: Texas, Tennessee (Demographics is destiny in any state with an appreciable Hispanic population, and Bredensen was extremely popular when he last ran for office 12 years ago)

LIKELY DEM: Nevada, Arizona (class I), Arizona (class III), North Dakota (See the description of Texas above for why Nevada and Arizona will never again vote for another Republican. Heitkamp is in slightly greater danger than the rest of her colleagues since Trump said nice things about her that one time)

SAFE DEM: Every other seat (Do you seriously think a Democrat incumbent is going to lose reelection in a wave year?)

Looks like the Democrats are looking at a majority between 54 and 56 seats (but probably the higher end of that since Tossups will all go the Democrats because its a wave year). Possibly could go as high as 57 if Cochran were to resign.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2017, 10:12:18 AM »
« Edited: December 21, 2017, 11:21:25 AM by Brittain33 »

TaxScam is bigly unpopular
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2017, 10:16:48 AM »

Congressional Democrats, working collectively with the media, has really put a spell on the American people over this bill - I am amazed at how many posts I've seen on Twitter from Democrats actually calling this a tax increase. It all comes down to messaging and how the reforms are implemented - my hope is that middle-class Americans see that this bill is also benefiting them and will remember that when they head to the ballot box next November. Things could still go either way, but at this time I'm optimistic that Republicans have a strong chance of retaining both chambers.

People won't even realize the minuscule cut they will get, but they all know that the 1% and corporations will make out like bandits. Plus all the special interest handouts.

Luckily the TaxScam polls worst then any other Tax plan in recent American history. Even worst than George H.W. Bush's tax increases.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2017, 04:32:15 PM »

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2017, 10:55:59 PM »

Congressional Democrats, working collectively with the media, has really put a spell on the American people over this bill - I am amazed at how many posts I've seen on Twitter from Democrats actually calling this a tax increase. It all comes down to messaging and how the reforms are implemented - my hope is that middle-class Americans see that this bill is also benefiting them and will remember that when they head to the ballot box next November. Things could still go either way, but at this time I'm optimistic that Republicans have a strong chance of retaining both chambers.

People won't even realize the minuscule cut they will get, but they all know that the 1% and corporations will make out like bandits. Plus all the special interest handouts.
I'm middle-class and am keeping an additional $1,300+ because of this tax bill - that is definitely something I will recognize next year. Someone must not keep much track of their finances if they don't realize that they have that much extra money.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2017, 11:00:03 PM »

What is with LimoLiberal and King Lear and their obsession over this non-existent "Tax Reform Bump"? If anything this hurts the GOP at the moment because the taxes haven't been implemented yet and because polls show only 25-33% of Americans support the measures.
hunter gatherer
rascalking
Rookie

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2017, 12:01:39 AM »

Instead of putting your head in the sand and making fun of my predictions, why don't you recognize the trouble that democrats are in right now and try to develop a strategy to fix it so next years midterms don't go the same way the Clinton campaign (which I wholeheartedly supported) went last year.

king lear I agree with you that the democratic party has some real structural problems, and trump  will get some what of a tax cut bump with some conservative voters, but the political enviorment is no where near as bad for democrats as it was in 2016 2014, we have an extremely unpopular republican congress and unpopular republican president, worst case scenairo the dems lose 1 seat maybe 2 seats, but  I actually think the dems  will win back the senate. I can't see people throwing out  Sherrod brown, or Joe Donnolly, or even Clair McCaskill out of office.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies