AZ-SEN Class 1: Kelli or not-Kelli?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:29:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN Class 1: Kelli or not-Kelli?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 31
Poll
Question: Could Martha McSally become the establishment candidate?
Yes

No

Maybe

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: AZ-SEN Class 1: Kelli or not-Kelli?  (Read 63982 times)
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2017, 12:43:54 PM »

Still any chance that DeWit jumps in and Trump actually ends up backing him? It would look really bad after that tweet, but he's clearly much better and saner. Last night, the Washington Times reported hat Trump was leaning towards supporting DeWit, who was still eyeing the race, but this morning seems to have changed things.

these articles came out earlier and cited sources that said trump was comping to town to endorse dewitt. It could appear trump was going to back any challenger to Flake, Dewitt might have backed out late last nigh which would explain why the tweet was so late. Trump was going to back anyone. Dewitt backed out so he moved on to plan B which was Ward

http://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/laurieroberts/2017/08/16/roberts-trump-headed-phoenix-endorse-flake-challenger/573151001/

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/16/trump-expected-endorse-challenger-jeff-flake/

might I add both articles were published before the tweet, so even if the sources weren't right about Dewitt they could be right about traveling to make an endorsement against Flake.
Ah, thanks. So it seems like Trump was just going for "any challenger" rather than a calculated move. Sad What about Graham (or Frank's or Schweikert) who were also considering? I guess Flake still has a chance, but this will really hurt Republicans in Arizona. I think it'll have a 2 Democrat Senate delegation VERY soon. Sad
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2017, 12:57:12 PM »

Tossup now.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2017, 03:46:36 PM »
« Edited: August 17, 2017, 04:16:23 PM by ERM64man »

Even if DeWit runs, Trump will endorse Ward. Trump is known to throw his loyal close associates under the bus, like Jeff Sessions.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2017, 06:19:21 PM »

Ward will win the primary handily and should not be underestimated in the general.

I totally agree, unfortunately.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2017, 06:35:22 PM »

I would prefer someone actually sane, like Ben Quayle or Jan Brewer, primary Flake.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2017, 06:36:31 PM »

I would prefer someone actually sane, like Ben Quayle or Jan Brewer, primary Flake.

I don't know if I'd call Brewer sane. Compared to Ward, sure... but who isn't?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2017, 06:41:40 PM »

el o el Ben Quayle.

you know what? compared to Kelli Ward, whose savagery and lack of being a human knows no bounds, Quayle's dopey attitude is downright charming.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2017, 10:42:52 AM »

Yeah, Jeff Flake is terrible. The only reason he "stands up" for the Muslim Democrat is because:

- They have no chance of winning
- Mormons generally sympathize with other religious minorities due to their own history
- He's an occasional showboater

Not to mention he stands to gain bigly by highlighting this woman's candidacy. If she wins, his potential swing race turns safe overnight.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2017, 09:24:57 PM »

Kelli Ward is not a good candidate. I wish there was somebody else. At this rate, the seat will be gone. Sad

Still any chance that DeWit jumps in and Trump actually ends up backing him? It would look really bad after that tweet, but he's clearly much better and saner. Last night, the Washington Times reported hat Trump was leaning towards supporting DeWit, who was still eyeing the race, but this morning seems to have changed things.

these articles came out earlier and cited sources that said trump was comping to town to endorse dewitt. It could appear trump was going to back any challenger to Flake, Dewitt might have backed out late last nigh which would explain why the tweet was so late. Trump was going to back anyone. Dewitt backed out so he moved on to plan B which was Ward

http://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/laurieroberts/2017/08/16/roberts-trump-headed-phoenix-endorse-flake-challenger/573151001/

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/16/trump-expected-endorse-challenger-jeff-flake/

might I add both articles were published before the tweet, so even if the sources weren't right about Dewitt they could be right about traveling to make an endorsement against Flake.
Ah, thanks. So it seems like Trump was just going for "any challenger" rather than a calculated move. Sad What about Graham (or Frank's or Schweikert) who were also considering? I guess Flake still has a chance, but this will really hurt Republicans in Arizona. I think it'll have a 2 Democrat Senate delegation VERY soon. Sad

How about a pharmacist/political novice, like this guy? According to FEC reports, he has raised no money yet.
Nicolas Tutora

I'm just joking. I scan through The Green Papers looking for people who are not yet posted in Wikipedia that they are candidates, and once in a while I come with someone like this.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2017, 09:26:06 AM »

Yeah, Jeff Flake is terrible. The only reason he "stands up" for the Muslim Democrat is because:

- They have no chance of winning
- Mormons generally sympathize with other religious minorities due to their own history
- He's an occasional showboater

Not to mention he stands to gain bigly by highlighting this woman's candidacy. If she wins, his potential swing race turns safe overnight.

This. If Flake wins his primary, he could be looking to replicate McCaskill's 2012 success.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2017, 09:45:13 PM »

I am aware she is busy, ya know, heading the UC system, but if she ran could she win?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2017, 09:50:28 PM »

i mean probably. I don't think winning Flake's senate seat should be that difficult. If Dems can't win it against a Senator with 18% approval rating then its a sign that the Dems are a failed party.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2017, 09:53:03 PM »

Possibly
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2017, 11:31:07 PM »

I actually thought about that recently, but I think the fact that she now lives in California is probably a step too far (not to mention a noteworthy move out of elective politics). If she still lived in Arizona, I think she would be one of the most formidable candidates Democrats could put forward.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2017, 11:55:39 PM »

i mean probably. I don't think winning Flake's senate seat should be that difficult. If Dems can't win it against a Senator with 18% approval rating then its a sign that the Dems are a failed party.

Sure, let's take some random individual/singular poll's advice from well over a year before an election, and treat it like it is the new 11th commandment.
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2017, 02:50:12 PM »

bye bye Flake

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I can't wait til we get a double-whammy tomorrow in Phoenix: Trump endorsing Ward in the primary and pardoning a racist sheriff who lost reelection by 13 points in a county with 60% of the state's residents.

If he does go through with this pardon it could be a serious liability for the AZGOP and trump winning AZ in 2020. The ads write themselves.
Heck even if flake wins his primary he could be tied to Arpaio and how he said nothing while trump let him walk free
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2017, 02:55:28 PM »

I'm curious whether the God Emperor will mention Flake tomorrow at his rally circus.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2017, 03:56:30 PM »

100% transparently insincere, but also smart. Ducey understands that the last thing he needs, going into a reelection campaign, is ammunition directly tying him to Trump.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2017, 06:36:34 PM »

If Flake wins the GOP primary, does he win the general?
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2017, 06:55:58 PM »

It depends on the margin and who the dems nominate if he wins by a big margin and the dems nominate some no name state senator than flake crushes but if its close and the democrats nominate someone popular and with name recognition its likely he falls
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2017, 07:06:13 PM »

It depends on the margin and who the dems nominate if he wins by a big margin and the dems nominate some no name state senator than flake crushes but if its close and the democrats nominate someone popular and with name recognition its likely he falls
It's likely Democrats nominate Kyrsten Sinema. How would Flake do against Sinema?
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2017, 08:13:59 PM »
« Edited: August 21, 2017, 08:20:47 PM by ERM64man »

It's likely Democrats nominate Kyrsten Sinema. How would Flake do against Sinema?
Hmm Shes managed to widen her lead in every election shes been in which is quite impresive
AZ9 2012
Kyrsten Sinema 48.73%
AZ9 2014
Kyrsten Sinema 54.60%
AZ9 2016
Kyrsten Sinema  60.94%
She's Atheist and Bi but that doesn't seem to hurt her much in this state
If Flake barely survives his primary then she will most definitely win
If Fake crushes it in his primary then it will be a complete tossup
AZ statewide (R+5) is more GOP than AZ-9 (D+4). Who would be favored in a tossup if Flake easily wins the primary? If Flake is easily renominated, would the race be tilt R, 50-50, or tilt D?
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2017, 08:41:57 PM »

Hmm Shes managed to widen her lead in every election shes been in which is quite impresive
AZ9 2012
Kyrsten Sinema 48.73%
AZ9 2014
Kyrsten Sinema 54.60%
AZ9 2016
Kyrsten Sinema  60.94%
AZ statewide (R+5) is more GOP than AZ-9 (D+4). Who would be favored in a tossup if Flake easily wins the primary? If Flake is easily renominated, would the race be tilt R, 50-50, or tilt D?
Tilt R definetly unless Krysten can out campaign Flake I was saying it was impressive that she managed to widen her margin
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2017, 08:43:10 PM »

If Trump actually pardons Arpaio tomorrow, it'll probably end Flake's GE chances and absolutely destroy Ward's.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2017, 08:54:04 PM »

AZ9 2012
Kyrsten Sinema 48.73%
AZ9 2014
Kyrsten Sinema 54.60%
AZ9 2016
Kyrsten Sinema  60.94%
Tilt R definetly unless Krysten can out campaign Flake I was saying it was impressive that she managed to widen her margin
Popular incumbents generally widen their margin because they have the advantage of incumbency. It's very common for incumbents to widen their margin, especially in places that trend the incumbents' way.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies