AZ-SEN Class 1: Kelli or not-Kelli? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:12:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN Class 1: Kelli or not-Kelli? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Could Martha McSally become the establishment candidate?
Yes

No

Maybe

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: AZ-SEN Class 1: Kelli or not-Kelli?  (Read 64136 times)
Anna Komnene
Siren

« on: August 02, 2017, 07:57:59 PM »

Wow, X, those sure are some amazing attack ads you came up with about things she did when she was in college. It's a wonder the GOP didn't manage to sink her by 40 points back in 2012 when this district was pretty competitive!  And I mean, if you're worried about her changing her positions in the Senate, this is Arizona not New York.  It's not as if she's going to pull a Kirsten Gillibrand. If anything, she might even move further to the center.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 08:56:11 PM »

I mean I'm not the biggest fan of Sinema either, given some of her anti-refugee stances and general grandstanding. And it's a bit weird that she doesn't seemed to have acknowledged her past. At least Tulsi Gabbard explains why she changed positions on issues over time. I just don't think her campaign would be this big disaster, and I definitely wouldn't pick Mitch McConnell as majority leader over her in the Senate.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 10:17:07 PM »

I'd like to point out that Gillibrand started as a blue dog and has shifted much more left ever since becoming Senator of New York. I only say that because I imagine Sinema having the similar trajectory.

But Gillibrand did that to fit NY's more progressive style of statewide politics. Or if you want to believe her take on it, because she met a lot of new constituents who she never heard about in her rural district. Does Arizona really present Sinema with an opening to make that kind of move? I'd be more worried about her moving further to the right...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies