The Republican Party Will Survive for Hispanic Vote
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:49:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Republican Party Will Survive for Hispanic Vote
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Republican Party Will Survive for Hispanic Vote  (Read 1258 times)
Daniel909012
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 15, 2017, 10:38:08 AM »

I am Hispanic and vote for donald, No matter what the Democrats say, Hispanics are right-wing, We only vote Democrat for personal benefit, it's hard but true. We oppose abortion, drugs, gays We support religion and the death penalty And this growing anti-illegal sentiment If the Republicans are more harmonious with the Latins, they will always win, it is the reality like it or not to the left. Exactly the same with the Filipinos Latinos and Filipinos hate Islam.

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 10:46:07 AM »

Okay, who let the eleven year old in?
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 10:47:26 AM »

Sure.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 10:52:46 AM »

Duetertebot?
Daniel909012
Rookie
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 10:54:12 AM »

I had 13 polls, but they did not let me post them until I posted 20 times.The data is there
Daniel909012
Rookie
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 10:57:01 AM »

That is something we know from experience, and I hardly think that anyone here could contradict the fact.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 11:03:28 AM »

Neat.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 01:03:14 PM »

cvparty
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 01:41:01 PM »

this is an odd generalization
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 01:45:38 PM »

I am Hispanic and vote for donald, No matter what the Democrats say, Hispanics are right-wing, We only vote Democrat for personal benefit, it's hard but true. We oppose abortion, drugs, gays We support religion and the death penalty And this growing anti-illegal sentiment If the Republicans are more harmonious with the Latins, they will always win, it is the reality like it or not to the left. Exactly the same with the Filipinos Latinos and Filipinos hate Islam.
'Murica
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2017, 01:45:47 PM »

#AlternativeFacts
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2017, 03:43:25 PM »

There are plenty of bitter clinger deplorable Hispanics that will vote for Trump, and plenty more in 2020 when he doesn't have a 2-1 money disadvantage.

Big swings for Trump in Pueblo and Adams Counties!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2017, 04:44:56 PM »

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2017, 05:41:30 PM »

Lol, I have a ton of Hispanic friends and they know I'm Muslim and don't hate my religion. Almost every Hispanic person I meet are left wing and very Pro-Democrat, who let the Duterte and "WE ALL VOTE FOR MR. TRUMP" bot in?
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2017, 06:19:44 PM »

There are plenty of bitter clinger deplorable Hispanics that will vote for Trump, and plenty more in 2020 when he doesn't have a 2-1 money disadvantage.

I knew somehow, that since you utter things that are basically down when it's actually up, south when it's north, so I went to look at the statistics.

From 75-23% to 67-30%, Trump gained 7% but lost Latinos by 37%, down from ... 52%. This is not considered "big" swing in the context you describe, not enough to put together a winning 2020 CO campaign which is what you imply (especially since he lost Colorado by 4-5%). There was a swung but hardly a "large" swing when in the first place, it was 75% Obama and went down to 2/3 Clinton. Despite this, Colorado maintained it's parity from 2012 in final results. I should point out the Latino vote swing towards Trump was somewhat offset by the fact it went from 10 to 12% of the exits (so more votes for Clinton than Obama).

Adams County and Pueblo County did not have big swings either. In fact, Trump gained only 1% in Adams County and 4% in Pueblo; it's Clinton who lost ground. I hadn't also realized this but the white vote was only 47-45% Trump and 54-44% Obama, meaning Clinton gained among whites. I should point out that AFAIK, a lot of third party voters were younger people who are more to the left than the Right. The counties you specify would most likely have these younger voters who voted Obama but didn't vote for Clinton or Trump.

also, I suspect VBM has made Colorado a fairly blue state. ah, well, that was fun.

Hmm? This is a strange theory because a 15 point swing among any racial or other group between these elections is fundamentally massive, and there are few examples of such in the entirely of the United States. For instance, the very important white vote in the great states of Ohio and Pennsylvania only moved 13 points towards Trump. The very important white vote in Iowa moved 18 points towards Trump. You would be hard pressed to find others.

Hillary Clinton got less votes than Barry in Adams and Pueblo Counties. Trump got more than Romney. Those are major gains for the GOP.

Colorado is maybe the 35th state for President Trump in his landslide re-election. No President has won more than 32 states in a generation. It does make sense for President Trump to run up the score like Bill Belichek as there is a Senate seat available in Colorado, but it is gravy on the top in terms of the electoral college!

I have no clue where you concluded the rest of this, but the history of elections shows that the Democrat party is capped at 40% of the white vote nationally. I am a renowned scholar on the subject. So maybe they can take some Colorado whites, but we know that means giving away other states with more electoral votes. Dumb!
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2017, 06:36:00 PM »

Exit polls of Latinos have shaky methodology.

http://www.latinodecisions.com/blog/2016/11/10/lies-damn-lies-and-exit-polls/
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2017, 06:38:00 PM »

Don't even bother trying to reason with a political hack. They'll just plug their ears and say "La la la la la la la I can't hear you".
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2017, 06:52:37 PM »

I remember when I joined my first forum Smiley
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2017, 07:05:42 PM »

Your post and the title you chose for this thread contradict each other.

Hispanics will keep voting Democrat because that's what benefits them materially.

You have not pointed out how that will change.

Even if Republicans become more pro-immigration after Trump, that only means there will be more poor Hispanic immigrants who will benefit from voting Democratic in the country, that will hurt the Republican Party among Hispanics as a percentage.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2017, 07:29:44 PM »

Your post and the title you chose for this thread contradict each other.

Hispanics will keep voting Democrat because that's what benefits them materially.

You have not pointed out how that will change.

Even if Republicans become more pro-immigration after Trump, that only means there will be more poor Hispanic immigrants who will benefit from voting Democratic in the country, that will hurt the Republican Party among Hispanics as a percentage.
The GOP would likely move to the center in to pick up Hispanic voters once the Southern Strategy stops working (which still works for now). I can see more Hispanics voting GOP in the future 7th party system.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2017, 09:19:15 PM »

Yes the next party system will likely see Latinos becoming swing voters near the end of it. It will take a generation to bring Latino median wealth up to a level where they would feel comfortable voting GOP. African Americans ditto. given they're 40% of the country the reality is that for continued economic growth these groups need to see sizable wealth growth.

Asians, honestly, might become a solid GOP bloc by 2036 though because their wealth is already comparable to whites. They dont honestly need the safety net, just the GOP not to be evangelical dominated.

Basically a TD GOP in essence: practically socially center right, economically center right, and a decent foreign policy.

Their wealth will probably stay stagnant but White wealth will decline. Basically the whole country will be Queens (which still votes mostly Democrat)
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2017, 10:43:40 PM »

For every Pueblo County there's a Yuma County or Texas metro county that likely had large swings among Hispanics to Clinton
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2017, 10:50:01 PM »

But what about the War on Whites, Krazy? How can you win without convincing yourselves colored moochers are coming to take your hard earned money? Cry

Relatively hard earned for a trust-funder like yourself, but still......
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2017, 04:52:35 AM »

Exactly the same with the Filipinos Latinos and Filipinos hate Islam.

When did Islam become a major electoral issue in the United States?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2017, 12:36:13 PM »

https://youtu.be/UJVAaPPXdew?t=18s
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length