The Majority Of Republicans Think Colleges Are Bad For The U.S., Poll Shows (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:32:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Majority Of Republicans Think Colleges Are Bad For The U.S., Poll Shows (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are colleges good for bad for the US?
Good (D/lean D)

Good (R/lean R)

Bad (D/lean D)

Bad (R/lean R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 108

Author Topic: The Majority Of Republicans Think Colleges Are Bad For The U.S., Poll Shows  (Read 8948 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 10, 2017, 01:24:42 PM »
« edited: July 10, 2017, 01:27:49 PM by Jacobin American »

Majority Of Republicans Think Colleges Are Bad For The U.S., Poll Shows

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sharp Partisan Divisions in Views of National Institutions

So, according to Republicans, banks and churches = good; labor unions, media, and colleges = bad.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 01:35:24 PM »

So, according to Republicans, banks and churches = good; labor unions, media, and colleges = bad.
And they're right.

Since when have banks ever been good? I can understand people thinking that about churches (although I strongly disagree), but banks and other financial institutions are truly, truly awful. Republicans seem to be embracing the worst institutions in our country, the ones that deliver absolutely nothing positive to society, while hating on two of the ones that at least try to do good.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 06:05:30 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2017, 06:11:36 PM by Jacobin American »

I can't wait to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars so that my kid can go to a diploma mill and learn to hate me for being part of the white-male power structure.

So you'd prefer people to be stupid. Got it.

So you assume that a collage degree automatically equals intelligence?

I would bet that the vast majority of the time, anyone who graduates from a college/university would be "more intelligent" than someone who never attended at all.

See, I don't think that education is really the same ting as education, but I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 06:09:12 PM »

I can't wait to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars so that my kid can go to a diploma mill and learn to hate me for being part of the white-male power structure.

I wish I went to collage.

I think Goldwater needs to take a break today lmao
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 06:58:06 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2017, 07:02:07 PM by Jacobin American »

I would bet that the vast majority of the time, anyone who graduates from a college/university would be "more intelligent" than someone who never attended at all.

See, I don't think that education is really the same ting as education, but I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

lol, you know what I meant to say.

I did, I did! But you know I couldn't pass up that opportunity.

Seriously though, I agree with you. Having a college degree doesn't equal intelligence. I'm quite certain that on average college graduates have a higher IQ than non-college graduates, but that still means there are plenty of grads who're less intelligent than non-grads (not to mention IQ isn't the most reliable indicator of intellectual capacity, let alone human worth). People seem to forget that even today, college is still generally a privilege and there are countless talented students who're unable to obtain a degree due to numerous factors, just as there are spoiled rich kids who show up and maintain a C average then graduate. America isn't a pure meritocracy (nor can I say that would be ideal, either).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies