The Majority Of Republicans Think Colleges Are Bad For The U.S., Poll Shows (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:35:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Majority Of Republicans Think Colleges Are Bad For The U.S., Poll Shows (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are colleges good for bad for the US?
Good (D/lean D)

Good (R/lean R)

Bad (D/lean D)

Bad (R/lean R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 108

Author Topic: The Majority Of Republicans Think Colleges Are Bad For The U.S., Poll Shows  (Read 8952 times)
Tancred
Rookie

« on: July 10, 2017, 11:10:06 PM »

I voted that colleges are good even though I think a lot of people who are currently going to college would probably be better off if they went to trade school and I also agree with some of the conservative critiques of the academy and the ideology behind some majors.

But I wonder, are conservatives making a mountain out of a molehill?  Most people are not majoring in gender studies and similar subjects. Majors like business, accounting and nursing are all significantly more popular. Even if students have to take "diversity" classes as requirements I assume most students just breeze through them and don't take them seriously.

You will always have campus radicals but I doubt they are even close to the majority on campus. Most students just want something to help them start a career after they graduate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies