CO: Perlmutter Dropping Out (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:30:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CO: Perlmutter Dropping Out (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO: Perlmutter Dropping Out  (Read 2218 times)
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« on: July 10, 2017, 08:49:52 PM »

If John Elway or Peyton Manning entered the CO-GOV race, they would clear the GOP field and it would be Lean R.

This post reads like a satire of bronz.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 12:24:03 AM »

Congratulations, Governor Polis.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 10:23:52 AM »

I don't get why people think Polis is weak, though I get coloradocowboi's point. His entrance, presumably, caused Perlmutter to drop out. I will admit bias, though, as I know people who have worked in his D.C. office.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 11:56:27 PM »

I don't get why people think Polis is weak, though I get coloradocowboi's point. His entrance, presumably, caused Perlmutter to drop out. I will admit bias, though, as I know people who have worked in his D.C. office.

An earlier reply of mine didn't post. I've worked for both campaigns before. Polis is weak because he is perceived as too far left (even though the policy differences between them are minimal).

I'd reckon that being from Boulder and homophobia factor into this. Also being rich, and inheriting a lot of his wealth. On the other hand, I can also say that Jared does himself no favors. He is a pompous communicator, and has a terrible public image that is managed poorly. (And no, I'm not talking about the bow ties)...

To be clear, anyone who thinks that the race is "doom" for the GOP is delusional. Polis has a harder climb uphill than Perlmutter. It was Likely D with Perlmutter, and Tilts D with Polis. Money cannot buy you a Governor's seat, and the barriers he faces are real. Plus a gay liberal from Boulder will motivate the deplorable to show up en masse.

But he plays League of Legends. Will the Redditors really turn on their own?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies