Would you rather live in Nebraska or New Jersey? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:25:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you rather live in Nebraska or New Jersey? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Nebraska

New Jersey

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 105

Author Topic: Would you rather live in Nebraska or New Jersey?  (Read 3152 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 10, 2017, 11:55:08 PM »

FYI, the high today will be 98 in Omaha.  I can't see very far from my home because of the hills.  Nebraska isn't full of people from New Jersey.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 11:57:16 PM »

oh and ahem...again
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 01:34:26 AM »

Uh, what of those does the Twin Cities lack?

Oh I see, we weren't even included in the study.
it was

Looks like it costs a bit more to live and rent in Minneapolis than Omaha.  But this isn't about comparing these two fine cities, it's NE vs NJ.  Omaha is a better place to be a human than any place in NJ.  Sure, I'd probably rather live in Trenton than Cherry County (1 person/square mile), and I totally understand the desire to be near "the City", but for a regular old human being just trying to get by, Omaha is clearly the better place to be.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 09:39:05 AM »

I found one of them "judgmental maps" of Omaha on Google.

Yea or nay, dead0?
more accurate than not.  I live under the first R of "Completely Unremarkable".  That's a little mean, but not wrong.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 09:49:33 PM »

FYI, the high today will be 98 in Omaha.  I can't see very far from my home because of the hills.  Nebraska isn't full of people from New Jersey.

Good for you. Now what's the weather like in winter?
Not that bad.  The average high is above freezing every month of the year!  We are slightly colder than NJ, sure, but it's not like we're Minneapolis or something.  We never ever get "nor'easters" or hurricanes.  Sure, "but what about tornadoes?!" you'll say.  Douglas County (where Omaha is) has had 2 deaths from tornadoes since 1980 (and that was in one storm).  I've never seen one, or even been all that close to one.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 10:21:49 AM »

You're basically a monster if you have kids or plan on having kids and pick NJ, right?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 03:04:29 PM »

I don't see "gays" anywhere on the Omaha map. I guess they don't exist in Omaha. Sad!
we don't lock 'em up in a gayhetto, they are spread pretty evenly throughout.  Higher numbers downtown where the hipsters live over antique stores in converted 100 year old warehouse, the UNO campus and the Benson area (gentrified area west of downtown...just south of the big BLACK PEOPLE part of the map).
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 04:15:19 PM »

Honestly, it's not for everyone.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 06:32:33 PM »

I'm amused that I moved out of Omaha from the area right between "completely unremarkable" and "roads untouched since the Johnson administration". I moved out one month before the Johnson administration began. Was it something I did there?
it's weird.  Some of the nicest neighborhoods have the worst streets.  The streets between Westside HS and W. Center are some of the crappiest streets in all of Omaha and it's full of $250k-$500k houses.  You'd think those people paying all those tax dollars would bitch more.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies