Hillary's Moment - did we get it all wrong? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:31:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary's Moment - did we get it all wrong? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary's Moment - did we get it all wrong?  (Read 2829 times)
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

« on: July 12, 2017, 04:31:22 PM »

2004 was too soon after Bill's Presidency for her to run. It would've been like Jeb! running in 2012 just four years after his brother. Granted a  Hillary run  in 2004 would've faired better than a Jeb! run in 2012, I still think 04 was too soon and 2008 was her chance.

But I think a Jeb! run in 2012 would have fared better than a Jeb! run in 2016...so...

It would've only faired better if Romney sat the race out. If he still runs, Jeb! 2012 is more or less the same as Jeb! 2016.

Nah, not as bad as Jeb! 2016. In 2012, there's no Trump. Trump absolutely bullied Jeb!.
ahugecat

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 04:32:48 PM »

Ironically, the position she thought would strengthen her credentials to be President, was the position that caused her to lose it in the first place.

Benghazi and the email situation happened when Clinton was Secretary of State. If she stayed in the Senate til at least 2013, she would have avoided the email server and Benghazi controversies.
ahugecat

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 01:25:51 AM »

Hillary should have won it in 2008. 2004 was too soon and she was too damaged of a political figure after Benghazi and the e-mail controversy.

You make the mistake of thinking people didn't trust/like Hillary in 2016 because of her "e-mails" or "Benghazi," lol. They didn't like her because they felt in their hearts that she was an over-ambitious harpy. The faux scandals gave them something to latch onto publicly that could seemingly legitimize their position. But if it couldn't be Benghazi or e-mails, it would've just been something else. There would have been a slew of other bullsh-t in 2004 not named e-mails but still equally as potent. And that's because the trajectory of the e-mail story was more a symptom of her being disliked than an actual cause.
For me, it's her desperation to become a feminist icon when she is anything but.
ahugecat

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 12:20:36 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2017, 12:23:04 PM by ahugecat »

For me, it's her desperation to become a feminist icon when she is anything but.

Just the plain facts of her accomplishments makes her an icon of feminism and women's rights, regardless of whether she won feminists over.
Maybe in 1996, but the second she stood by her cheating husband who was accused of sexual assault (and settled for it) and even attacked his accusers, she lost that chance. Not to mention she relied on her husband to get to where she was.

She tried DESPERATELY to be a feminist icon in this run, and it backfired tremendously because no one actually thinks of her as one. She wanted to be the 21st century Susan B. Anthony or the Barack Obama for the feminist movement but she's the complete opposite. During her concession speech she told women that "nothing has made more proud than to be your champion" LOL! So pretentious.

That's why I personally do not like her.
ahugecat

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 12:27:22 PM »

Clinton/Bayh 372 53%
McCain/Palin 166  46%
I don't think McCain would have chosen Palin if Clinton won the nomination. I actually think he'd choose Michael Steele instead.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies