Hillary's Moment - did we get it all wrong? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:48:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary's Moment - did we get it all wrong? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary's Moment - did we get it all wrong?  (Read 2843 times)
Progressive
jro660

« on: July 11, 2017, 09:08:11 PM »

I've wondered this for a while--did Hillary get it wrong--was her moment really in 2004? Was that her time to emerge?
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 12:35:09 PM »

I've wondered this for a while--did Hillary get it wrong--was her moment really in 2004? Was that her time to emerge?
I actually think so. Bush was vulnerable, and I think she could have played better to WWC voters than any of the 2004 candidates. It would have been a bitterly contested and hard fought campaign, but I think nostalgia for the Clinton years, and the potential for history would have given her the edge.

I agree. I see the contrary points that others make, and I think their disagreements with my theory are valid. But I think Hillary was more in-line with the Democratic base in 2004, one that was not quite yet ready to punish for an Iraq war vote. If you look at her 2000 and 2006 Senate race speeches (there are a few on YouTube), she presents in a way that would lead to her to be a more charismatic presence on the campaign trail that Kerry. I also think she would have creamed Bush in debates to a point where it affected the outcome
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 02:27:59 PM »

2004 was too soon after Bill's Presidency for her to run. It would've been like Jeb! running in 2012 just four years after his brother. Granted a  Hillary run  in 2004 would've faired better than a Jeb! run in 2012, I still think 04 was too soon and 2008 was her chance.

But I think a Jeb! run in 2012 would have fared better than a Jeb! run in 2016...so...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies