Kid Rock (Not) Running for Michigan Senate Seat
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:30:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kid Rock (Not) Running for Michigan Senate Seat
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Kid Rock (Not) Running for Michigan Senate Seat  (Read 17622 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2017, 11:28:18 PM »

Kid Rock's chances of winning Michigan are slim to none. Michigan isn't a Republican state, nor even a particularly purple state. Voter turnout was down in 2016, especially among African Americans, in Michigan, but also among low-income White voters who opted to abstain or vote third party instead of vote for Clinton. In 2012, Stabenow defeated a bigoted GOP rival quite decisively. Kid Rock is just a joke.

But maybe Trump can campaign for him. You know, do a tour through Michigan, maybe rock out together about "bad hombres" and grabbing women by the pu**y.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2017, 11:30:20 PM »

Kid Rock's chances of winning Michigan are slim to none. Michigan isn't a Republican state, nor even a particularly purple state. Voter turnout was down in 2016, especially among African Americans, in Michigan, but also among low-income White voters who opted to abstain or vote third party instead of vote for Clinton. In 2012, Stabenow defeated a bigoted GOP rival quite decisively. Kid Rock is just a joke.

But maybe Trump can campaign for him. You know, do a tour through Michigan, maybe rock out together about "bad hombres" and grabbing women by the pu**y.
Of course there are excuses for Hillary losing.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2017, 11:32:11 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2017, 11:34:48 PM by Ted Bessell »

How are these excuses? They're literally just a list of the changes in voter demographics that shifted it from a sizable Obama win to a very narrow Trump win.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2017, 11:36:39 PM »

How are these excuses? They're literally just a list of the changes in voter demographics that shifted it from a sizable Obama win to a very narrow Trump win.

Don't rain on their parade. They think Michigan is Idaho now.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2017, 01:18:24 AM »

Consider, folks, that a primary between Ted Nugent and Kid Rock is a serious possibility
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2017, 05:54:52 AM »
« Edited: July 13, 2017, 05:56:47 AM by Jacobin American »

So, stating objective, statistical facts are now excuses? Have you even seen the voter data and its comparison with voter data from 2012? Or will you admit you're just running your mouth about stuff you don't know? Even without delving into all the numbers, since it's 6am and I can't be asked, according to the national popular vote changes between 2012 and 2016 Trump declined in share of votes from Romney, but Clinton basically collapsed in comparison with Obama. People weren't turning out for Trump, they were staying home because Clinton was so awful. And the groups that stayed home, voted third party, or were affected by voter ID laws were core Democratic constituencies - millennials, lower class Whites (primarily from the North), and African Americans.

The only threat to Democratic dominance in Michigan is voter suppression and lack of motivation due to awful candidates.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2017, 06:01:48 AM »

What a freaking joke....

The best candidate for the GOP is by far Bob Young, former Chief Justice of the Michigan Supreme Court.

This populist anti-government movement is going to destroy the Republican Party if we keep this up.  Unfortunately, now all that's necessary is apparently to be pro-gun and anti-government and the base of the GOP lines up behind you.  It's an absolute disgrace and a freaking joke.  I'd like to say it'll bite the party in the butt but this crap is just so crazy they just might win.
I mean, Trumpism is taking control of the GOP. If even in VA the "establishment" candidate almost gets defeated against an underfunded candidate.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2017, 08:38:39 AM »

I will support him ironically as long as the Democrats win every other Senate race in 2018.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2017, 12:43:07 PM »

Shamelessly stolen from the comment section of The Atlantic

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Rjjr77
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2017, 02:03:04 PM »

Okay... I don't think Kid Rock is a good candidate, but why do qualifications only matter when it is republican celebrities? Al Franken was no more qualified than Kid Rock, and celebrities have been running, and winning elected office for a long time.

Just to name a few (republicans and democrats)
Fred Grandy
Schwarzenegger
Jim Bunning
George Murphy
Sonny Bono
John Hall
Steve Largent
Dave Bing
Ben Jones
Bill Bradley
Jack Kemp
Al Franken
Martha Reeves
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2017, 02:11:54 PM »

guys, you do know who is president right? and who won the state last year?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2017, 02:16:27 PM »

guys, you do know who is president right? and who won the state last year?

And you do know that kid rock makes even Donald Trump look like a class act by comparison, and Stabenow is essentially an incumbent saint compared to Hillary?
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2017, 02:52:42 PM »

Does anyone here know if Kid Rock is pro-life or pro-choice?
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2017, 02:58:19 PM »

I think he has a sex tape.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2017, 03:01:21 PM »

The tape is of Kid Rock and Creed singer Scott Stapp.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2017, 03:31:05 PM »

I don't think this is a result of "unqualified" Trump, means that Stabenow is 100% safe (does come close though), and won't bring along a wave of "unqualified" candidates. As others said, many celebrities seek office like this. Also, just because Trump won MI doesn't mean Kid Rock will win
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2017, 03:50:03 PM »

The tape is of Kid Rock and Creed singer Scott Stapp.

And four women
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2017, 03:51:17 PM »

I like how his "campaign" site is literally just an online shop.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2017, 04:20:46 PM »

Does anyone here know if Kid Rock is pro-life or pro-choice?

He's pro-gun and pro-beer.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2017, 04:37:03 PM »

Don't rain on their parade. They think Michigan is Idaho now.

Just like North Carolina, Arizona, and Georgia is muh solid D
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2017, 04:43:23 PM »

jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2017, 05:12:46 PM »

democratic hack prediction I know but..

I believe as long as Stabenow takes this contest seriously, campaigns and stays competent she will win.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2017, 05:17:16 PM »

I believe as long as Stabenow takes this contest seriously, campaigns and stays competent she will win.

It's also a Trump midterm and he's deeply underwater in MI. Victory should be possible.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2017, 05:24:07 PM »

Inoffensive out-party incumbent winning in purple state in a midterm is a completely shocking and unusual phenomenon.
kyc0705

« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2017, 05:35:56 PM »

I like how his "campaign" site is literally just an online shop.

That would be me if I ever ran for office.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies