Does it feel like we are already a few years in the Trump presidency?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:42:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Does it feel like we are already a few years in the Trump presidency?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does it feel like we are already a few years in the Trump presidency?  (Read 347 times)
History505
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 13, 2017, 02:54:30 PM »

Do you have that feeling as if Trump is almost done with his first term but we in reality are only in the 7th month of his presidency?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 03:02:06 PM »

Do you have that feeling as if Trump is almost done with his first term but we in reality are only in the 7th month of his presidency?

I wish.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 03:03:20 PM »

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 03:15:48 PM »

Maybe Fox can learn how to spell cancellation?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 03:43:34 PM »

No, although it does feel like more time has passed given that the stupid media cant go a goddamn day without mentioning some new negative thing Trump has done, regardless of how unimportant it is. At least Fox news used to take a week break between their bs reports calling Michelle Obama fat. Instead CNN cant even have members of congress on to talk about pending legislation anymore without devoting the first 10 minutes of the interview to: "OMG you MUST condemn this mean trump tweet since it is the biggest news story of the decade." It reminds me of the bojack horseman episode where MSNBSea interupts congressional debate on a budget to talk about the "more important story" of a minor celebrity saying the troops were jerks. God forbid we have to endure another 7.5 years of this abominable symbiotic relationship. But controversy sells, and fake news is all about selling controversy. So expect this presidency to feel twice as long, at least until the media learns to starve the beast rather than feeding it.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 03:45:58 PM »

Yup.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 03:48:19 PM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 03:53:11 PM »

No, although it does feel like more time has passed given that the stupid media cant go a goddamn day without mentioning some new negative thing Trump has done, regardless of how unimportant it is.

Such media attention really helped him to get to the White House in the first place, lol.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 04:16:22 PM »

No, although it does feel like more time has passed given that the stupid media cant go a goddamn day without mentioning some new negative thing Trump has done, regardless of how unimportant it is.

Such media attention really helped him to get to the White House in the first place, lol.

Yeah. Plus 2 years of treating everything hes said or done as uniquely evil and disqualifying has done as much to transform him in to teflon Don as anything. I mean, I hate Trump and couldnt even vote for him when he was running against Hillary. But I didnt even blink when the Trump jr. Info came out, because even if its 100% true, its still not even half as scummy as some of the lies the media has been routinely hurling around about the Prez. If you spend forever hyperbolically and falsely accusing the President of being a racist treasonous fascist with all sorts of evil schemes to subvert freedom and purposefully torment nonwhites, when it comes out that his son may have sought opposition research from a person of Russian ancestry, I just cant care. I want to, but im just so burned out on the media bs, that even this feels like itll be more nothingburgers. If you hear false cries of wolf for 2 years, you begin to go numb even when you think you see some gray fur in the bush.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies