Best healthcare system
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:38:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Best healthcare system
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: #
Pre-ACA US system

ACA

AHCA

BCRA

Rand Paul's Plan

Cassidy-Collins

Other (explain below)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Best healthcare system  (Read 2725 times)
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2017, 08:56:42 AM »

The preferable model would be a mix of consumer and worker coops intermingling and negotiating within a free market, though obviously any cooperative model is preferable and even single payer is better then what we currently have.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2017, 11:57:10 AM »

The National Health Service was the greatest achievement of the post-war Labour government, and the way that its been treated by the last few governments is shameful.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2017, 03:51:30 PM »

The preferable model would be a mix of consumer and worker coops intermingling and negotiating within a free market, though obviously any cooperative model is preferable and even single payer is better then what we currently have.
You of all people want a free market cooperative model?
This is Eharding, guys
ossoff2028

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2017, 03:54:33 PM »

I find it hilarious no one here has voted for the AHCA or BCRA.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2017, 04:04:55 PM »

vanguard96
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2017, 04:14:11 PM »

Universal healthcare, but no single-payer. Just something like the Swiss or Dutch model (99.9% covered). The US really needs to stop with it's fetish for employer-sponsored coverage though, it's the main problem with American healthcare.

I am not against universal health care at all. I am against federally mandated and regulated universal health care particularly because the US does things so ineffectively. As one who sees how poor Obamacare level services are provided by medical providers (example I know of specifically is 1 minute for a spinal adjustment for a chiropractor is the extent of your time with the doc) there is a sort of cognitive dissonance and the numbers game.

I sort of like the Senate compromise to allow budget level coverage for say a 20-something freelancer who is in good health and does not want to go in full for just one checkup a year. I like the idea of choice. When it is one provider then inevitably there will be issues.

Actually the root cause for tying health care to employer sponsorship dates back to the New Deal when FDR froze wages employers competed for workers by offering non-salary benefits. If he had just not meddled back then - who knows maybe we would have a system that was not attached to your employer. If individuals could pool for instance alumni of a college, Kiwanis, karate club, etc that could help and then you are not caught with stuff like COBRA which costs an arm and a leg.

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2017, 04:21:01 PM »

Universal healthcare, but no single-payer. Just something like the Swiss or Dutch model (99.9% covered). The US really needs to stop with it's fetish for employer-sponsored coverage though, it's the main problem with American healthcare.

I am not against universal health care at all. I am against federally mandated and regulated universal health care particularly because the US does things so ineffectively. As one who sees how poor Obamacare level services are provided by medical providers (example I know of specifically is 1 minute for a spinal adjustment for a chiropractor is the extent of your time with the doc) there is a sort of cognitive dissonance and the numbers game.

I sort of like the Senate compromise to allow budget level coverage for say a 20-something freelancer who is in good health and does not want to go in full for just one checkup a year. I like the idea of choice. When it is one provider then inevitably there will be issues.

Actually the root cause for tying health care to employer sponsorship dates back to the New Deal when FDR froze wages employers competed for workers by offering non-salary benefits. If he had just not meddled back then - who knows maybe we would have a system that was not attached to your employer. If individuals could pool for instance alumni of a college, Kiwanis, karate club, etc that could help and then you are not caught with stuff like COBRA which costs an arm and a leg.

It's good to see just how sane the big tent libertarians are.
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2017, 07:29:27 PM »

You of all people want a free market cooperative model?
Umm, I'm an anarchist? I oppose any phantasmic restraint upon human liberty, this generally means opposing bossism and centralism.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2017, 08:23:52 PM »

Something like the Swiss model.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2017, 09:12:42 PM »

Ban health insurance (Extreme Republican model)

Can't have high insurance costs if no one has insurance

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2017, 09:17:26 PM »

When "Other" wins >70% in your poll... you clearly didn't do it right.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2017, 09:18:09 PM »

When "Other" wins >70% in your poll... you clearly didn't do it right.
Somebody should've told the Democrats!
This is Eharding, guys
ossoff2028

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2017, 09:24:31 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2017, 09:28:53 PM by ossoff2028 »

Yes, I also find ExtremeRepublican's apparent support for the Cadillac tax interesting.
I'll do a later poll with more options, including the Rohrabacher, ExtremeRepublican, and Wyden-Bennet plans.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2017, 09:34:05 PM »

Yes, I also find ExtremeRepublican's apparent support for the Cadillac tax interesting.
I'll do a later poll with more options, including the Rohrabacher, ExtremeRepublican, and Wyden-Bennet plans.

Also include single-payer. And it's Wyden-Bennett, with two ts.

Furthermore, when did ExtremeRepublican say he supported the Cadillac tax?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies