FT 3-04: Commonwealth Budget for 2018 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:12:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 3-04: Commonwealth Budget for 2018 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 3-04: Commonwealth Budget for 2018  (Read 3371 times)
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« on: July 14, 2017, 05:54:26 PM »
« edited: July 14, 2017, 09:39:04 PM by Fremont Speaker Henry Wallace »

I must apologize for my recent absence in which I did not finalize the vote on the bank downsizing bill or did not open the debate floor on this bill. I would like to resume the chair, so:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Order! I call the Prime Minister.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 03:49:57 PM »

I would support the elimination of the regional sales tax, given Fremont's budget surplus and the regressive nature of the said tax. Fremont's budget surplus would also lead me to support a reduction in income tax rates for the poor and middle class.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 07:40:58 PM »

Members shall have 24 hours to object to the amendment proposed by the Prime Minister.

I support the amendment proposed by the Prime Minister. I don't see a need for any further adjustments in regards to either the sales tax or the income tax.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 10:02:45 PM »

The amendment proposed by the Prime Minister has been adopted.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 12:39:40 PM »

Encke, you've been very helpful by formulating the revenue estimate for the Fremont budget for 2018. This is much appreciated, and I thank you for your service to Fremont. When looking at the revenue estimate, though, I was struck by how much the carbon tax is estimated to raise in revenue. It seems unlikely to me that it would raise even more revenue than the income tax. I was the MP who wrote the carbon tax bill and calculated the amount of revenue it would bring in. It is quite possible that I was mistaken in my calculations. If it isn't too much trouble, then would you mind doing your own revenue estimate for the carbon tax and checking over mine? I know that you've been doing a lot of good work relating to other estimates involving the budget, so I would understand if you didn't have time to fulfill my request. If you do get around to fulfilling my request, and if you come up with a revenue estimate different from the one I laid out in the bill, then I will introduce a bill to amend the carbon tax bill in order to correct the revenue estimate in it. For reference, the text of the carbon tax bill and my revenue estimate calculations can be found here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=266772.0
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies