Minneapolis Police Shoot Unarmed Woman In Pajamas — With Bodycams Off (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:10:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Minneapolis Police Shoot Unarmed Woman In Pajamas — With Bodycams Off (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Minneapolis Police Shoot Unarmed Woman In Pajamas — With Bodycams Off  (Read 3545 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: July 17, 2017, 01:38:45 PM »

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/07/17/minneapolis-police-shoot-unarmed-woman-pajamas-bodycams-off/

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 11:10:12 AM »

Some cops are too trigger happy, regardless of race.

Both races do it.

You do realize there have been a lot of cases of non-white cops implicated in "bad shoots", right?

Of course.  My comment wasn't meant to be substantive.  I was just making a funny at the expense of Bronz's "both sides do it" (usually referring to Dems vs. GOP) slogan that he uses on every topic, but I don't want to explain the joke further because that makes it less funny.  Tongue

Gotcha. Like I said, it really seems like the problem is a police training system that essentially encourages "Feel vaguely threatened? Better shoot first."

It's not just that aspect of the training, or even the training in general. It's the idea that police are some sort of 'special' class of person to whom the law should apply differently. Police are just citizens.

They are citizens who do a vital, difficult, often thankless and sometimes dangerous job for which they absolutely deserve respect and quality compensation (probably better than many of them get now). What they are not is some sort of military force. They should be using force far less, and a prerequisite for the job should be a willingness to face danger to protect the public, even if that means potentially risking their own lives in order to avoid killing potentially innocent citizens.  If the police have a problem with that, then we need new police.

(I think we need a whole new model for policing. The quasi-military, quasi-gang arrangement we have now is failing badly.)
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 08:48:53 AM »

Search warrant released in the case.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mbvd/a-woman-slapped-the-police-squad-car-moments-before-yoga

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies