Minneapolis Police Shoot Unarmed Woman In Pajamas — With Bodycams Off (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:04:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Minneapolis Police Shoot Unarmed Woman In Pajamas — With Bodycams Off (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Minneapolis Police Shoot Unarmed Woman In Pajamas — With Bodycams Off  (Read 3553 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« on: July 17, 2017, 08:17:22 PM »

If a cop kills someone without their body cam on. It should result in automatic firing without the chance of ever being rehired by any law enforcement agency, at the very least.

Honestly, it should be the equivalent of refusing to take a breathalyzer while being suspected of driving drunk - should be an immediate criminal prosecution.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 10:52:18 PM »

Some cops are too trigger happy, regardless of race.

Both races do it.

You do realize there have been a lot of cases of non-white cops implicated in "bad shoots", right? This is clearly a police training issue, with a few exceptions like Michael Slager and arguably this case, where it really was nothing more than cold-blooded murder.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 11:08:51 PM »

Some cops are too trigger happy, regardless of race.

Both races do it.

You do realize there have been a lot of cases of non-white cops implicated in "bad shoots", right?

Of course.  My comment wasn't meant to be substantive.  I was just making a funny at the expense of Bronz's "both sides do it" (usually referring to Dems vs. GOP) slogan that he uses on every topic, but I don't want to explain the joke further because that makes it less funny.  Tongue

Gotcha. Like I said, it really seems like the problem is a police training system that essentially encourages "Feel vaguely threatened? Better shoot first."
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 07:04:10 PM »

The Minneapolis police chief just resigned. This is big.

Confused why. This was a rogue officer, and the department doesn't seem to have a history of these incidents.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 08:25:36 AM »

The police chief didn't need to resign. The officer needs to resign.
The police chief needs to resign, the officer needs to be charged with murder
it would be hard to get murder to stick, negligent homicide/manslaughter would be my guess....or whatever the equivalent in MN is, some states are weird with law words.

It really depends on what his partner says in this case. Why were all three cameras off?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies