Joy Reid (2008) - Hillary is an insane racist liar who wants to destroy the Dems
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:32:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Joy Reid (2008) - Hillary is an insane racist liar who wants to destroy the Dems
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Joy Reid (2008) - Hillary is an insane racist liar who wants to destroy the Dems  (Read 5692 times)
choclatechip45
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2017, 01:00:37 PM »

ITT: actual principled left-wingers shouldn't criticize the pro-Democrat media because "muh Republican trifecta"

How the hell did the Democratic Party end up in the atrocious situation they're in? The GOP ran Donald Trump, a candidate with record unfavorables, and the Democrats still managed to  up the presidential election, along with keeping Congress in Republican control. This was all in a good economy too - no recession, unpopular war, or anything, really. Look at the partisan composition of all 50 state governments, and it's clear that the Democrats hold even less power at this level. The only logical conclusion is that the Democratic Party establishment is absolutely incompetent.

The solution to this problem is reform. The first step to reform is identifying the problem. Now, it's well-known that Joy Reid is a pro-Democrat media figure. It's also well-known that she is generally part of this failed establishment. So, highlighting a logical vulnerabiilty of this establishment, like completely reversing your position on Hillary Clinton over the course of eight years, is not only reasonable, it is also quite constructive.

Sure it's only one person, and it is very small-scale, but it is still something.

It's ridicoulous to blame Joy Reid for the terrible situation democrats are in.  Most of the people i know have no idea who she is. Serious question was she even on MSNBC at the start of the Obama administration?

Obviously I'm not placing the blame solely on Joy Reid, read my last sentence. I just wanted to go through OP's logic in posting the story.

Even small scale blame seems too much. I  don't think most people know who she is.  I remember her popping up on MSNBC around 2012 as a guest host  which was way after the 2010 midterms which was the start of the Dems downfall.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2017, 02:14:18 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies