Office of Southern Senator ZuWo
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:32:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Southern Senator ZuWo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Office of Southern Senator ZuWo  (Read 4151 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2017, 04:46:15 AM »

Great to see your return to the game, ZuWo! And that's an excellent ballot--I myself have gravitated towards something like "social market economy" as well.

Oh, and totally endorsed!

Thank you, Governor!

One day left to vote. Southern Federalists, make your voices heard!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2017, 02:51:38 PM »

One day About 9 hours left to vote. Southern Federalists, make your voices heard!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2017, 01:28:51 AM »

Congrats on winning the primary! Endorsed!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2017, 01:32:51 AM »

Congratulations to your win. I concede the race to you, and I endorse you. I'll offer any support you would like since I believe that you will serve the South well in the Senate, and we need a united Federalist Party.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2017, 03:08:31 AM »

Dear Federalists, dear Southerners

A short but highly spirited primary has come to an end. I am absolutely thrilled and excited to have received the Federalist nomination for Southern Senator! Thank you for your trust - I will do everything I can not to disappoint you.

This primary has been a prime example of democracy at its finest. LouisvilleThunder and I have both run active, ideas-based and clean campaigns which have motivated numerous people to cast their ballots. Thank you to everyone who has voted!

Special thanks go out to LouisvilleThunder who has, as the final results show, nearly clinched the nomination himself. He has proven himself to be an Atlasian to be reckoned with now and in the future. During his campaign he has developed a great deal of ideas to improve the lives of all Atlasian citizens. Indeed, I can subscribe to large parts of his platform and will gladly include some of it in my campaign. I wish him all the best in his future endeavors and offer him my sincere support for his next campaigns. To those who supported LouisvilleThunder I vow that I will work hard to earn your trust and unite our great party.

Now let's make no mistake: The following three weeks until the regular Senate election won't be a cakewalk. With JustinTimeCuber I am facing a serious contender who is quite well known in the South already. As I have stated in this thread, I am running on a platform of pragmatism that emphasizes the values of a social market economy and the respect for life. As an additional core tenet of my campaign I will outline the importance of strong and independent Atlasian regions.

I will need each and every of your votes to make that happen. Let's win this together!
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2017, 09:56:03 AM »

Congratulations on your success. Would you be interested in participating in a debate, maybe August 5?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2017, 10:09:13 AM »

Congratulations on your success. Would you be interested in participating in a debate, maybe August 5?

Good idea. Since we live in different time zones I wouldn't mind a debate that lasts for two or three days.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2017, 10:13:07 AM »

Good idea. Since we live in different time zones I wouldn't mind a debate that lasts for two or three days.
Great. Anyone interested in moderating said debate? Preferably someone who hasn't endorsed either candidate.
diptheriadan

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2017, 10:14:36 AM »

We could do another IRC debate.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2017, 10:20:49 AM »

I'd prefer a debate here on Atlas a) because of the time zone difference and b) because of work I usually can't spend hours on IRC on end.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2017, 10:23:23 AM »

Endorsed!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2017, 10:30:29 AM »

Congratulations to your win. I concede the race to you, and I endorse you. I'll offer any support you would like since I believe that you will serve the South well in the Senate, and we need a united Federalist Party.
Congrats on winning the primary! Endorsed!

Thank you all! It means a lot.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2017, 05:21:37 AM »

Regional News

Southern Teachers Union President Mark Day "Anything is on the table without a deal"
After the STU contract expired at the end of June, President Day has said that without a contact by September 5th then we are prepared to take job action. Day has said he would like to avoid any labor strife but has warned that he will call a referendum on authorizing his union the ability to use work to rule if no major movement is made by August. The union is believed to want a 25% pay increase over 5 years, a cap on class sizes and more funding for aids and special needs teachers.

Educational policy is an issue close to my heart since I have spent a large amount of my professional life as a teacher. I sympathize with our Atlasian teachers who are tired by an increasing workload and, frankly, rather low salaries. However, I caution the Southern Teachers Union against taking measures which would hurt students.

Indeed, our educational policy needs to be centered around improving the quality of teaching and working conditions for teachers. That's why I support the following measures:

- Training of prospective teachers must be focused on practice, not just theory. While it is true that good teachers can't do without a solid grasp of methodology and didactics, mere methodology and didactics don't automatically make you a good teacher. Prospective teachers should be exposed to classroom situations by teaching classes as early as possible during their training so their (lack of) ability in this field of work can be assessed in time.

- A 25% pay raise as requested by the president of the STU would strain our budget too much but I support a more modest increase for qualified teachers.

- There should be a cap on class sizes in communities with below-average student performance. While recent research results have shown that students in large classes do not necessarily perform worse, large classes tend to increase the teachers' workload. Likewise, weak students mean more work for educators. Therefore, if we cap certain class sizes, the working conditions for teachers of below-average classes will be markedly improved. The same measures should be taken with regards to special needs teachers.
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2017, 09:08:41 PM »

i like it. I'll be keeping up with the senate race for sure
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2017, 04:19:16 PM »

i like it. I'll be keeping up with the senate race for sure

Great to hear!

Now on to another policy proposal: If elected, I will re-introduce a slightly amended version of this bill to the Senate:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]

A variant of this amendment was put forward by Labor Representative evergreen last year and it aims at depoliticizing the Supreme Court. Indeed, the discussion whether there should be partisan judges in Atlasia is crucial for our democracy. In my opinion, the reputation of the Supreme Court would benefit from more politically independent justices. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing the views of other citizens and debating this issue in the Senate!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2017, 08:03:11 AM »

When I announced my Senate campaign I mentioned the issue of drought prevention and mitigation, which is an issue of particular importance to several states of Southern Atlasia. If I am elected Senator, I will fight to put in place measures the following two measures:

- increasing drought awareness at public schools
- providing financial and logistical support to farmers, businesses and municipalities which make use of water-saving devices, xeriscaping and water recycling

It is my hope that these measures will serve as an effective way to incentivize a more responsible use of water, one of the most valuable resources we have.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2017, 05:53:16 PM »

Can't wait to vote for you!!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2017, 08:15:12 AM »

Wonderful to see such enthusiasm. Thank you!

To all Southern voters, please vote! I hope this will be a high turn out election.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2017, 02:48:26 AM »

Thank you to everyone who has voted so far! I must say I'm very pleased but also surprised by the results so far and I'd like to encourage the other Southern citizens to cast their ballots too.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2017, 04:31:40 AM »

Thank you to all the voters who have made their voices heard last weekend. I will be proud to serve as your next Southern Senator!

I also thank my opponents JustinTimeCuber and heatcharger who would certainly have deserved a higher percentage of the vote. At the same time, however, I am thrilled to have received such massive support.

As Encke has pointed out, this election was record-breaking in terms of low turnout, which should concern Atlasians of all political stripes. Activity in the game has been rather low during the last weeks and it's time to tackle this problem. You can rest assured that I don't intend to sit on my hands as your Senator.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2017, 09:57:30 AM »

Congratulations on your victory!

I look forward to seeing the amazing work we can expect from you!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2017, 10:59:41 PM »

Congratulations, Senator-elect!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2017, 04:57:34 PM »

Congrats Senator-elect
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2017, 09:50:23 PM »

How stupid are the people of the South?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2017, 10:13:54 PM »

There were only 3 labor votes total in this election. Two went to the Labor candidate, one did write-ins. Considering based on the Census on August 12th there were 23 Laborites registered in the region, it's clear that there wasn't even a real effort placed in their own candidate.

While the turnout was embarrassing, I'm personally glad that the candidate who ran the stronger campaign, was the most qualified, and inspired the most people to get out and vote won.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies