Even Pussy Riot says there's been too much scapegoating of Putin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:44:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Even Pussy Riot says there's been too much scapegoating of Putin
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Even Pussy Riot says there's been too much scapegoating of Putin  (Read 676 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 18, 2017, 07:13:14 AM »

"Yeah. They're just looking for a scapegoat and, you know, for Trump it's Muslims and Mexican workers. And for liberal media in America it is Putin. "

http://www.ibtimes.com/political-capital/pussy-riot-founder-says-american-liberals-scapegoat-putin-distract-democrats

"I want to call Putin a puppet, but he's not, unfortunately. What's really important to understand about him, coming back to your question, is that he's not that supported by Russian people as you think. Because again, you find propaganda that he spreads about himself, that 80 percent of Russian people support him. That is not exactly as it is in reality."

I agree. Putin sucks, but the Democratic needs to stop using him as a scapegoat to deflect from them also sucking.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 07:28:39 AM »

It can both be a situation where Democrats are  weakened by fatigue and an unwillingness to advance more of thier agenda (things are going OK and voters are just tring to save money right now)  and that Putin engaged in a covert campaign against us to weaken his main obstacle from implementing his FP agenda?
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 07:44:49 AM »

How can you look at all the recent revelations and say liberals are scape goating?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 07:51:15 AM »

LOL
AtorBoltox

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 08:08:14 AM »

BREAKING NEWS: PUTIN IS BEING SCAPEGOATED FOR RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN AMERICAN ELECTIONS
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 08:22:34 AM »

How can you look at all the recent revelations and say liberals are scape goating?
Because Jfern is a hack
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 08:34:54 AM »

Because Jfern is a hack

Yep, pretty much.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 09:44:27 AM »

Because Jfern is a hack

Yep, pretty much.

Trump is just the kind of authoritarian the far left and jfern like, just not the politics part. That's why they have the love/hate affair with him.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 10:20:12 AM »

jfern once again proving he is one of the best left-wing posters on Atlas. The Russophobia here is quite disturbing.

Russia is our friend.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 10:23:28 AM »

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 12:31:40 PM »

jfern once again proving he is one of the best left-wing posters on Atlas. The Russophobia here is quite disturbing.

Russia is our friend.

You're doing something here. I can't remember exactly what it's called, but I think it rhymes with bowling....
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 12:42:28 PM »

Russia is our friend.

You're doing something here. I can't remember exactly what it's called, but I think it rhymes with bowling....
Yeah, reading Atlas on your phone requires scrolling.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2017, 01:15:47 PM »

TFW you click on a thread thinking it's by EnglishPete, and it turns out to be by jfern.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2017, 02:26:55 PM »

TFW you click on a thread thinking it's by EnglishPete, and it turns out to be by jfern.

This
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2017, 02:29:41 PM »

As said previously, jfern would be leading the charge into Prague back in '68 if he had the chance.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2017, 03:04:36 PM »

Is there really much of a difference at this point?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2017, 03:09:29 PM »

What I don't think leftists understand is that Democrats want good relations with Russia. But that doesn't mean we should be letting Trump get away with potentially illegal acts, or not defending our elections from foreign interference. Nor should our relationship with them be based on alt-right ethnic identarianism, because that would exclude some 40% of Americans. But on the fundamental long-term question of U.S.-Russian relations, the left does not seek a return to the Cold War, and does seek positive, constructive relations, just as it does with every country around the world, except for those that are trying to destroy us or are actively at war with us. A distinction has to be made between protecting the integrity of the United States, and foreign policy.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2017, 03:15:35 PM »

I'm sure if Pussy Riot (whoever he or she is) had said that there's been too much scapegoating of Debbie Wasserman Schultz, jfern would be singing a different tune. Sad!
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2017, 03:18:59 PM »

I'm sure if Pussy Riot (whoever he or she is) had said that there's been too much scapegoating of Debbie Wasserman Schultz, jfern would be singing a different tune. Sad!

In case you actually don't know, Pussy Riot is a Russian feminist punk band who made a name for themselves holding provocative and often illegal (at least under Russian law) performances aimed at Putin and the Russian Orthodox Church.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2017, 03:21:21 PM »

In case you actually don't know, Pussy Riot is a Russian feminist punk band who made a name for themselves holding provocative and often illegal (at least under Russian law) performances aimed at Putin and the Russian Orthodox Church.

I honestly had never heard of them before I read this thread and actually did a Google search, but now I do. Learn something new every day! Smiley
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2017, 03:28:03 PM »

Oh, thank God, we can all rest easy tonight. Pussy Riot says there's nothing to worry about.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies