WI Governor's Race 2018 - Andy Gronik is in
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:53:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WI Governor's Race 2018 - Andy Gronik is in
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI Governor's Race 2018 - Andy Gronik is in  (Read 648 times)
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 19, 2017, 04:59:15 PM »

usnews(dot)com/news/best-states/wisconsin/articles/2017-07-11/democratic-businessman-andy-gronik-enters-governors-race

Businessman Andy Gronik is challenging Scott Walker in 2018. What are his weaknesses/advantages in a matchup against Walker?

Mike McCabe and Kathleen Vinehout have filed paperwork to run. Does anyone know anything about them and their advantages/weaknesses?

Madison Mayor Paul Soglin is also considering running.

Could too many candidates lead to a brutal primary and give Democrats a damaged candidate heading into November? That's part of what crippled Tommy Thompson in his 2012 Senate run.

What are the chances of any of these guys defeating Walker in 2018? How good are Walker's chances of being reelected regardless of the candidate?
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 09:48:01 PM »

Welp, I'm just a little bit stupid. Apparently I don't know what "Congressional" means.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 09:54:04 PM »

Could too many candidates lead to a brutal primary and give Democrats a damaged candidate heading into November? That's part of what crippled Tommy Thompson in his 2012 Senate run.

It absolutely could. It's more of a liability against well-funded incumbents like Walker, where the challenger would ideally need as much cash as possible, in addition to not being beaten up so much in the primary.

Troublesome primaries seems like a given for Democrats this cycle. So many people have been energized by Trump to run that they are crowding primaries across the country. I suppose that is the price Democrats pay for getting this huge surge of enthusiasm.

What are the chances of any of these guys defeating Walker in 2018? How good are Walker's chances of being reelected regardless of the candidate?

Wisconsin seems decently polarized, and I think it's going to come down to exactly who the challenger is, how good they are, how well-funded and probably most importantly, what the national environment is like. My opinion is that Democrats probably need some sort of wave to take him out (barring any unforeseen negative developments for Walker)

Welp, I'm just a little bit stupid. Apparently I don't know what "Congressional" means.

np!
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 12:31:33 AM »

My vote starts as Likely Vinehout, and I'll evaluate how she does when she campaigns and whatnot.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 12:29:09 PM »

My vote starts as Likely Vinehout, and I'll evaluate how she does when she campaigns and whatnot.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 03:49:44 PM »

I'm likely Evers now. Didn't think he'd run.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies