John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:17:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer  (Read 9828 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2017, 04:38:34 PM »

FWIW, I love how the people who make jokes about the President molesting his daughter are now lecturing others on human decency (this criticism does not extend to TD); seriously, 'eff all of 'ya's (to use a relatives parlance). I refuse to believe some of you guys are this dense. This has to be some complex practical joke on the two of us. I don't see how anyone could possibly do the "nice guy, ff Smiley Smiley" routine for the biggest warmongering publicity whore in Washington.

I'm very curious as to why someone who voted for a sexual predator thinks they have any grounds to criticize the decency of others

That being said, it probably shouldn't come as a surprise that a ""former"" white nationalist has difficulty experiencing common human compassion
I'd ask you the same exact question, you know. Take any flights with Jeffrey Epstein lately?

Sorry, Bill Clinton wasn't caught on tape bragging about assaulting women. Try again.

Maybe someday you'll come up with a justification better than "BUH CLINTON".
He's never been impeached for it by the House either.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2017, 04:48:25 PM »

FWIW, I love how the people who make jokes about the President molesting his daughter are now lecturing others on human decency (this criticism does not extend to TD); seriously, 'eff all of 'ya's (to use a relatives parlance). I refuse to believe some of you guys are this dense. This has to be some complex practical joke on the two of us. I don't see how anyone could possibly do the "nice guy, ff Smiley Smiley" routine for the biggest warmongering publicity whore in Washington.

I'm very curious as to why someone who voted for a sexual predator thinks they have any grounds to criticize the decency of others

That being said, it probably shouldn't come as a surprise that a ""former"" white nationalist has difficulty experiencing common human compassion
I'd ask you the same exact question, you know. Take any flights with Jeffrey Epstein lately?

Sorry, Bill Clinton wasn't caught on tape bragging about assaulting women. Try again.

Maybe someday you'll come up with a justification better than "BUH CLINTON".
He's never been impeached for it by the House either.

And neither was Clinton.

But okay. Let's go off your premise. Let's assume, for the sake of this argument, that Bill Clinton is a serial raping rapist who has raped everything and everyone from Gennifer Flowers to the cup of coffee he had this morning.

It literally makes no difference. What Bill Clinton has or hasn't done has no bearing whatsoever on the fact that you voted for (and possess a bizarre hero-worship for) a man who was caught on tape bragging about grabbing women's crotches. At least have the cojones to own up to your own complete lack of decency.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2017, 05:51:56 PM »

Edit: Seriously, look at how McCain inserts himself as "the swing vote" on every single major legislative battle of his entire career. If you can spare McCain some decency, I don't see why you can't do the same for the President? The same President that many of you have joked about killing, mind you.

You have ZERO credibility to call others out regarding "human decency."
You admitted here on Atlas that at past trump rallies, you (in conjunction with other trumpist as a mob) screamed, cursed and made a threatening scene to the reporters who were covering the rally, while they were in their designated press table/area.

Also, you say "many of you have joked about killing (trump)." Who exactly are these "many" that you are referencing ? List them please. Something tells me you're exaggerating this count and/or twisting their words for you to call it a direct threat.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2017, 06:05:19 PM »

Edit: Seriously, look at how McCain inserts himself as "the swing vote" on every single major legislative battle of his entire career. If you can spare McCain some decency, I don't see why you can't do the same for the President? The same President that many of you have joked about killing, mind you.

You admitted here on Atlas that at past trump rallies, you (in conjunction with other trumpist as a mob) screamed, cursed and made a threatening scene to the reporters who were covering the rally, while they were in their designated press table/area.

Also, you say "many of you have joked about killing (trump)." Who exactly are these "many" that you are referencing ? List them please. Something tells me you're exaggerating this count and/or twisting their words for you to call it a direct threat.
It's funny how you accuse me of one thing and after literally doing the same. Flipping the bird is not a threat. Runeghost wishing death on Baron Trump is.

Why don't you try and offer up a hairbrained defense of McCain instead of attacking me though. I'd love to see that.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2017, 06:20:22 PM »

I like how we're being lectured on morality by a self-righteous, borderline-psychopathic hillbilly who, in my admittedly short time on this forum, I've seen contribute absolutely nothing to political discourse beyond being smarmy and hyper-aggressive.

Can we maybe get a mod in her to re-rail the thread and drone Sanchez while we're at it? I'm not asking much.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2017, 06:38:33 PM »

It's funny how you accuse me of one thing and after literally doing the same. Flipping the bird is not a threat. Runeghost wishing death on Baron Trump is.

Why don't you try and offer up a hairbrained defense of McCain instead of attacking me though. I'd love to see that.

What are you talking about !? I have never conducted myself like you, by "literally doing the same." I have never approached the press corps (or anyone else) and flipped-them-the-bird. Stop your deflection.

The press at many times have been interviewed about how they have been approached by nutty trumpists at trump rallies. Many of these reporters have indicated feeling very, very uncomfortable and felt threatened when a mob mentality of people have cursed and made disgusting "hand gestures" at them. If you were just doing your job, and some scumbags approached you screaming, cursing and flipping-you-off (just feet away from your face), you would also feel threatened (you are one/few, they are many). Only hoodlums would conduct themselves like this. So, stop making excuses for acting like a thug.

Also, Runeghost (or anyone, for that matter) "wishing death" on trump, is not the same as "many of you have joked about killing" (trump). These are your quotes, not mine.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2017, 06:49:05 PM »

Get it back on topic please.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2017, 10:25:50 PM »

McCain has been around a long time. I hope he recovers and gets back to being his healthy self again.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #133 on: September 24, 2017, 11:53:22 PM »

McCain says his doctors gave him a very poor prognosis.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/arizona/2017/09/24/sen-john-mccain-doctors-gave-me-poor-prognosis-brain-cancer-fight-60-minutes/698677001/
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2017, 11:57:55 PM »

There's a good chance he won't be around for the reconciliation deadline this time next year.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #135 on: September 25, 2017, 03:00:18 AM »

This is sad Sad I hope these 3% or 14% happen, and if not, I hope he doesn't suffer too much.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #136 on: September 25, 2017, 02:43:06 PM »

Gohmert really knows how to keep it classy:

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/352223-gop-lawmaker-arizona-should-recall-mccain-replace-him-with-someone-who-will
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2017, 02:45:58 PM »

Wtf...
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #138 on: September 25, 2017, 02:53:38 PM »

What a scumbag.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #139 on: September 25, 2017, 04:33:57 PM »

Agree.
Is this what the GOP has succumbed to ? Just disgusting !
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #140 on: September 25, 2017, 04:39:08 PM »

Gohmert was a judge and doesn't realize that members of Congress cannot be recalled.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #141 on: September 25, 2017, 07:38:26 PM »

Gohmert can go to hell.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2017, 09:04:33 AM »

Very very sad. I don't agree on much issues with McCain, but always respected the person. I hope he is able to recover.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2017, 09:14:08 AM »

Not surprising. He hinted things were not good the last time he was on MTP. Chuck Todd was talking to him as if he was going to die.

And f*** that dumbass Louie Gohmert.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #144 on: September 26, 2017, 10:57:10 AM »

Again, while I wouldn't vote for McCain now, I do not regret my 2008 vote for him, especially as things worked out for the best in that election.

I pray he and his family are able to spend a lot of time together in these stressful days and that he's able to do things he enjoys. Luckily, I think he truly enjoys working in the Senate, so he's got that in his favor. I just hope the travel and such doesn't add too much stress to his system, as he truly should get to spend time with his family and doing relaxing things he enjoys, too.

Everyone dies; I can only hope that he gets to go out peacefully and without much pain, and gets to accomplish what he'd like to in whatever amount of time he has left.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #145 on: September 26, 2017, 05:17:39 PM »

The other thing I haven't seen brought up much is that his mom is still alive (at 105).  I really hope this ordeal doesn't cause too much stress on the family, because no parent should have to go through this either.  I have been disappointed in some of Senator McCain's votes, but let's not let political disagreements go any further than that.  My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #146 on: September 28, 2017, 01:10:20 AM »

Not surprising. He hinted things were not good the last time he was on MTP. Chuck Todd was talking to him as if he was going to die.

And f*** that dumbass Louie Gohmert.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies