John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:44:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer  (Read 9806 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2017, 06:23:14 PM »

Hope he can get through this........FF as a person.

No he isn't. He doesn't deserve cancer but let's not pretend he's in anyway a "good person."

Though I think McCain is a decent guy personally, he forfeit his "maverick" status when he voted with Bush 90% of the time and, after 2009, belonged to the GOP obstructionist machine in Congress. I'd call him FF personally and HP politically.

You can't separate the two. McCain is the ultimate politician. His alleged torture doesn't absolve him for his many, many sins.

“He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone."

Hey, I can honestly say that I didn't start advocating for the Iraq War as rubble was being cleared from Ground Zero. I can say I've never loved the idea of bombing a nation so much that I break out into song. I can say I was never a member of the Keating 5,  and I had nothing to do with the elevation of Sarah Palin into the national conscious.

How many stones do I get?

Leeeeeeeeet's see here.  You're apparently a complete ***hole, so if we carry the one, multiply by eight, and divide by two that should leave you with...zero stones.  Now go away until you remember what basic human decency looks like!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2017, 06:51:32 PM »

No he isn't. He doesn't deserve cancer but let's not pretend he's in anyway a "good person."

Though I think McCain is a decent guy personally, he forfeit his "maverick" status when he voted with Bush 90% of the time and, after 2009, belonged to the GOP obstructionist machine in Congress. I'd call him FF personally and HP politically.

You can't separate the two. McCain is the ultimate politician. His alleged torture doesn't absolve him for his many, many sins.

Hey, I can honestly say that I didn't start advocating for the Iraq War as rubble was being cleared from Ground Zero. I can say I've never loved the idea of bombing a nation so much that I break out into song. I can say I was never a member of the Keating 5,  and I had nothing to do with the elevation of Sarah Palin into the national conscious.

Now go away until you remember what basic human decency looks like!
You mean this?

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2017, 07:05:55 PM »

Now go away until you remember what basic human decency looks like!
You mean this?

I mean that there's a time and place for everything.  I actually agree with you that McCain is a HP, but a thread about the fact that he's just been diagnosed with brain cancer and may be dead in less than a year is not the place for that.  It's kinda like not dancing on a man's grave.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2017, 03:05:43 AM »

Alleged? Really? How on God's green earth do you think his hair turned white and his arms unable to go beyond a certain point? Staying in a nice hotel? or the Hotel Hanoi?

Like, from what I understand he's personally not the most moral guy, but seriously?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2017, 04:58:09 AM »

Hope he gets well soon.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2017, 06:10:14 AM »

Well, at least this thread has served to enlighten me as to the forum's two most disgusting sacks of cartilage. Three cheers for the Loony Left and the Reich Wing, and I say that as a Sandernista.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2017, 06:13:35 AM »

You've lost me with the "alleged torture" part.

Anyway, there will be plenty of time and opportunity to voice less-than-favorable opinions of McCain. Doing it here right now isn't the best idea.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2017, 06:31:21 AM »

I stand behind PublicUnofficial 100%. McCain is garbage and nothing will wipe the blood of his hands.
swf541

« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2017, 09:09:33 AM »

Well, at least this thread has served to enlighten me as to the forum's two most disgusting sacks of cartilage. Three cheers for the Loony Left and the Reich Wing, and I say that as a Sandernista.

Agreed, wtf is wrong with people in this thread

and quite frankly Iraq is better now than under Saddam the invasion was possible to justify we just used the wrong one imo
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2017, 09:26:06 AM »

Sanchez is a pos, more at 11.

McCain has his flaws but I still retain a lot of respect for him. And he was a decent human being unlike the current GOP leadership and some of their supporters on Atlas.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2017, 09:44:27 AM »
« Edited: July 21, 2017, 09:47:16 AM by Fearless Leader X »

Sanchez is a pos, more at 11.

McCain has his flaws but I still retain a lot of respect for him. And he was a decent human being unlike the current GOP leadership and some of their supporters on Atlas.

And again, regardless of McCain's character, this isn't the place for political attacks.  If this were a thread about Ted Cruz being (God forbid) diagnosed with brain cancer, it still wouldn't be the place for anything except prayers and well-wishes.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2017, 09:47:07 AM »

Agreed, wtf is wrong with people in this thread

and quite frankly Iraq is better now than under Saddam
the invasion was possible to justify we just used the wrong one imo

LOL
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2017, 11:47:32 AM »

Truly horrible news.

McCain is a decent man who served his country with distinction in Vietnam. Although I sharply disagree with him on policies, especially foreign affairs, I really wish him well.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2017, 11:55:44 AM »

John McCain may have failed a few times in his life and disappointed me and even been a bit of a media loving hog at times but overall, McCain has the courage of a soldier and is a honorable and decent man. He has served the Republic in her wars and character and dignity matter - even today. This man has gone to war and his children serve too - wars he believed in and fought for.  

I pray God that he has the courage of his convictions in his final months (if they are his final months) and stands up to the terrible things happening in our nation. He is a true Republican and I hope he and his fellow travelers summon their courage to preserve our Republic and its institutions in the final months of his life from both the sides of the extremists and stands up to the lawless forces governing our nation. He sits in Barry Goldwater's seat and I know that Goldwater was a man of conviction and morals.

When he goes, if he goes, I hope he sees St. Ronald Reagan and Barry Goldwater at the gates of Heaven, and most of all, his father, the honorable Admiral John S. McCain II. His rest will be well deserved - and in joy eternal.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2017, 12:39:46 PM »

Kelli Ward (a primary challenger to Jeff Flake next year) says McCain should step aside 'as quickly as possible' after cancer diagnosis: http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/21/politics/kfile-kelli-ward-mccain-diagnosis/index.html
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2017, 12:41:57 PM »

Kelli Ward (a primary challenger to Jeff Flake next year) says McCain should step aside 'as quickly as possible' after cancer diagnosis: http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/21/politics/kfile-kelli-ward-mccain-diagnosis/index.html

She's cancer personified so maybe she should step aside 'as quickly as possible'?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2017, 01:14:40 PM »

I really, really would like to use the "C" word to describe this horrible person.
Errrrrrrrr !
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2017, 02:16:05 PM »

John McCain may have failed a few times in his life and disappointed me and even been a bit of a media loving hog at times but overall, McCain has the courage of a soldier and is a honorable and decent man. He has served the Republic in her wars and character and dignity matter - even today. This man has gone to war and his children serve too - wars he believed in and fought for.  

I pray God that he has the courage of his convictions in his final months (if they are his final months) and stands up to the terrible things happening in our nation. He is a true Republican and I hope he and his fellow travelers summon their courage to preserve our Republic and its institutions in the final months of his life from both the sides of the extremists and stands up to the lawless forces governing our nation. He sits in Barry Goldwater's seat and I know that Goldwater was a man of conviction and morals.

When he goes, if he goes, I hope he sees St. Ronald Reagan and Barry Goldwater at the gates of Heaven, and most of all, his father, the honorable Admiral John S. McCain II. His rest will be well deserved - and in joy eternal.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jRNCpD3xhsY
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2017, 03:00:42 PM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jRNCpD3xhsY

Good thing Reagan wasn't racist. Tongue For the record, McCain has a minority daughter. (Also, the Boondocks went off the rails around that time too).
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2017, 03:15:01 PM »

I'm dry heaving.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2017, 03:31:51 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2017, 03:34:59 PM by publicunofficial »

Here's a fun map

And some fun headlines, a trip down memory lane:

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2017, 04:02:24 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2017, 04:05:13 PM by We're never gonna have it so good! »

FWIW, I love how the people who make jokes about the President molesting his daughter are now lecturing others on human decency (this criticism does not extend to TD); seriously, 'eff all of 'ya's (to use a relatives parlance). I refuse to believe some of you guys are this dense. This has to be some complex practical joke on the two of us. I don't see how anyone could possibly do the "nice guy, ff Smiley Smiley" routine for the biggest warmongering publicity whore in Washington.

Edit: Seriously, look at how McCain inserts himself as "the swing vote" on every single major legislative battle of his entire career. If you can spare McCain some decency, I don't see why you can't do the same for the President? The same President that many of you have joked about killing, mind you.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2017, 04:24:53 PM »

FWIW, I love how the people who make jokes about the President molesting his daughter are now lecturing others on human decency (this criticism does not extend to TD); seriously, 'eff all of 'ya's (to use a relatives parlance). I refuse to believe some of you guys are this dense. This has to be some complex practical joke on the two of us. I don't see how anyone could possibly do the "nice guy, ff Smiley Smiley" routine for the biggest warmongering publicity whore in Washington.

I'm very curious as to why someone who voted for a sexual predator thinks they have any grounds to criticize the decency of others

That being said, it probably shouldn't come as a surprise that a ""former"" white nationalist has difficulty experiencing common human compassion
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2017, 04:32:58 PM »

I'm very curious as to why someone who voted for a sexual predator thinks they have any grounds to criticize the decency of others

That being said, it probably shouldn't come as a surprise that a ""former"" white nationalist has difficulty experiencing common human compassion
I'd ask you the same exact question, you know. Take any flights with Jeffrey Epstein lately?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2017, 04:37:17 PM »

I'd ask you the same exact question, you know. Take any flights with Jeffrey Epstein lately?

Sorry, Bill Clinton wasn't caught on tape bragging about assaulting women. Try again.

Maybe someday you'll come up with a justification better than "BUH CLINTON".
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies