John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:53:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer  (Read 9815 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 19, 2017, 07:13:02 PM »

Very unfortunate. Politics aside, the man is an American icon who truly cares about the country.

True. I didn't always agree with McCain and Kennedy on every thing, but they were bipartisan.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 07:21:24 PM »

Sen. Lindsey Graham, former Sens. Joe Lieberman and Kelly Ayotte are probably taking it hard. Sad.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 09:34:55 PM »

I heard about this today on the radio, but I didn't realize his tumor was this bad. Terrible news.

And the tragic irony here is that his mother (who's around 105, if I recall correctly) is very likely to see her son die, which is always one of the worst things a mother can experience.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 09:39:03 PM »

I heard about this today on the radio, but I didn't realize his tumor was this bad. Terrible news.

And the tragic irony here is that his mother (who's around 105, if I recall correctly) is very likely to see her son die, which is always one of the worst things a mother can experience.

Don't most people expect to experience the death of their parents/in-laws? And statistically most women do outlive their husbands.

But, yes, outliving one of your children is very unusual and uniquely traumatic. It wouldn't surprise me if she does not pass away relatively soon after he does.

True. Why do most wives outlive their husbands?

Also, most parents do pass away after their children sadly die.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 10:03:28 PM »

Which is why everyone should support universal health care, so that American citizens don't suffer from lack of decent medical care.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies