John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:08:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer  (Read 9992 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 20, 2017, 06:23:14 PM »

Hope he can get through this........FF as a person.

No he isn't. He doesn't deserve cancer but let's not pretend he's in anyway a "good person."

Though I think McCain is a decent guy personally, he forfeit his "maverick" status when he voted with Bush 90% of the time and, after 2009, belonged to the GOP obstructionist machine in Congress. I'd call him FF personally and HP politically.

You can't separate the two. McCain is the ultimate politician. His alleged torture doesn't absolve him for his many, many sins.

“He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone."

Hey, I can honestly say that I didn't start advocating for the Iraq War as rubble was being cleared from Ground Zero. I can say I've never loved the idea of bombing a nation so much that I break out into song. I can say I was never a member of the Keating 5,  and I had nothing to do with the elevation of Sarah Palin into the national conscious.

How many stones do I get?

Leeeeeeeeet's see here.  You're apparently a complete ***hole, so if we carry the one, multiply by eight, and divide by two that should leave you with...zero stones.  Now go away until you remember what basic human decency looks like!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 07:05:55 PM »

Hope he can get through this........FF as a person.

No he isn't. He doesn't deserve cancer but let's not pretend he's in anyway a "good person."

Though I think McCain is a decent guy personally, he forfeit his "maverick" status when he voted with Bush 90% of the time and, after 2009, belonged to the GOP obstructionist machine in Congress. I'd call him FF personally and HP politically.

You can't separate the two. McCain is the ultimate politician. His alleged torture doesn't absolve him for his many, many sins.

“He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone."

Hey, I can honestly say that I didn't start advocating for the Iraq War as rubble was being cleared from Ground Zero. I can say I've never loved the idea of bombing a nation so much that I break out into song. I can say I was never a member of the Keating 5,  and I had nothing to do with the elevation of Sarah Palin into the national conscious.

How many stones do I get?
Now go away until you remember what basic human decency looks like!
You mean this?

I mean that there's a time and place for everything.  I actually agree with you that McCain is a HP, but a thread about the fact that he's just been diagnosed with brain cancer and may be dead in less than a year is not the place for that.  It's kinda like not dancing on a man's grave.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 09:44:27 AM »
« Edited: July 21, 2017, 09:47:16 AM by Fearless Leader X »

Sanchez is a pos, more at 11.

McCain has his flaws but I still retain a lot of respect for him. And he was a decent human being unlike the current GOP leadership and some of their supporters on Atlas.

And again, regardless of McCain's character, this isn't the place for political attacks.  If this were a thread about Ted Cruz being (God forbid) diagnosed with brain cancer, it still wouldn't be the place for anything except prayers and well-wishes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies