John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:43:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer  (Read 9914 times)
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« on: July 19, 2017, 11:02:32 PM »

I heard about this today on the radio, but I didn't realize his tumor was this bad. Terrible news.

And the tragic irony here is that his mother (who's around 105, if I recall correctly) is very likely to see her son die, which is always one of the worst things a mother can experience.

The terrible irony attached to this is amazing and appalling, because the exact same thing happened to Joe Biden in 2015, and this is the exact same cancer that killed Beau, down to type and staging.

I'm actually stunned speechless. It was actually going to be a plot point in my Giffords timeline that McCain would be struck down by cancer, and good god almighty, I never thought, nor wanted to imagine, that I would actually be right.  I absolutely hate McCain as a politician, but I would wish end-stage brain cancer on literally nobody. I sincerely hope McCain beats the tremendously long odds attached to GBM, but if not, I'm glad he at least got to have 81 years.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 04:01:04 PM »

Hope he can get through this........FF as a person.

No he isn't. He doesn't deserve cancer but let's not pretend he's in anyway a "good person."

Though I think McCain is a decent guy personally, he forfeit his "maverick" status when he voted with Bush 90% of the time and, after 2009, belonged to the GOP obstructionist machine in Congress. I'd call him FF personally and HP politically.

You can't separate the two. McCain is the ultimate politician. His alleged torture doesn't absolve him for his many, many sins.

“He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone."

Hey, I can honestly say that I didn't start advocating for the Iraq War as rubble was being cleared from Ground Zero. I can say I've never loved the idea of bombing a nation so much that I break out into song. I can say I was never a member of the Keating 5,  and I had nothing to do with the elevation of Sarah Palin into the national conscious.

How many stones do I get?
Disgusting

He's 80 years old and you can genuinely make an argument that his votes and his policies have led to thousands dying before they ever reach that age. Both you and him can f**k off.

You're an exemplar of a human being, you know that?
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 06:10:14 AM »

Well, at least this thread has served to enlighten me as to the forum's two most disgusting sacks of cartilage. Three cheers for the Loony Left and the Reich Wing, and I say that as a Sandernista.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 06:20:22 PM »

I like how we're being lectured on morality by a self-righteous, borderline-psychopathic hillbilly who, in my admittedly short time on this forum, I've seen contribute absolutely nothing to political discourse beyond being smarmy and hyper-aggressive.

Can we maybe get a mod in her to re-rail the thread and drone Sanchez while we're at it? I'm not asking much.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies