John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:33:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer  (Read 9925 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: July 19, 2017, 07:14:32 PM »

I can't believe I'm going to be praying for Senator McCain - horrible news!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 11:04:25 AM »

Hope he can get through this........FF as a person.
No he isn't. He doesn't deserve cancer but let's not pretend he's in anyway a "good person."
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 03:04:22 PM »

No he isn't. He doesn't deserve cancer but let's not pretend he's in anyway a "good person."

Though I think McCain is a decent guy personally, he forfeit his "maverick" status when he voted with Bush 90% of the time and, after 2009, belonged to the GOP obstructionist machine in Congress. I'd call him FF personally and HP politically.
You can't separate the two. McCain is the ultimate politician. His alleged torture doesn't absolve him for his many, many sins.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 06:16:10 PM »

I stand behind PublicUnofficial 100%. McCain is garbage and nothing will wipe the blood of his hands.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 06:17:16 PM »

Though I think McCain is a decent guy personally, he forfeit his "maverick" status when he voted with Bush 90% of the time and, after 2009, belonged to the GOP obstructionist machine in Congress. I'd call him FF personally and HP politically.

You can't separate the two. McCain is the ultimate politician. His alleged torture doesn't absolve him for his many, many sins.

“He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone."

Hey, I can honestly say that I didn't start advocating for the Iraq War as rubble was being cleared from Ground Zero. I can say I've never loved the idea of bombing a nation so much that I break out into song. I can say I was never a member of the Keating 5,  and I had nothing to do with the elevation of Sarah Palin into the national conscious.

How many stones do I get?
Disgusting

He's 80 years old and you can genuinely make an argument that his votes and his policies have led to thousands dying before they ever reach that age. Both you and him can f**k off.

Yes he did vote to send our young men off to war. But unlike the other senators and reps in Congress, he has seen war first hand. The man is a war hero who spent over 5 years as a POW. He knew what he was doing when he voted for the war because he has saw it and lived through it.

John McCain served honorably and was a hero in a stupid and pointless war and has allowed for thousands of Americans to feel the same exhilaration. What a hero.

Do you believe you could be a fighter pilot and last for 5+ years in a Vietnamese POW camp hero?
I know I have enough of a soul to not pimp out my experiences.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 06:51:32 PM »

“He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone."

Hey, I can honestly say that I didn't start advocating for the Iraq War as rubble was being cleared from Ground Zero. I can say I've never loved the idea of bombing a nation so much that I break out into song. I can say I was never a member of the Keating 5,  and I had nothing to do with the elevation of Sarah Palin into the national conscious.

How many stones do I get?
Now go away until you remember what basic human decency looks like!
You mean this?

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 02:16:05 PM »

John McCain may have failed a few times in his life and disappointed me and even been a bit of a media loving hog at times but overall, McCain has the courage of a soldier and is a honorable and decent man. He has served the Republic in her wars and character and dignity matter - even today. This man has gone to war and his children serve too - wars he believed in and fought for.  

I pray God that he has the courage of his convictions in his final months (if they are his final months) and stands up to the terrible things happening in our nation. He is a true Republican and I hope he and his fellow travelers summon their courage to preserve our Republic and its institutions in the final months of his life from both the sides of the extremists and stands up to the lawless forces governing our nation. He sits in Barry Goldwater's seat and I know that Goldwater was a man of conviction and morals.

When he goes, if he goes, I hope he sees St. Ronald Reagan and Barry Goldwater at the gates of Heaven, and most of all, his father, the honorable Admiral John S. McCain II. His rest will be well deserved - and in joy eternal.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jRNCpD3xhsY
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 04:02:24 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2017, 04:05:13 PM by We're never gonna have it so good! »

FWIW, I love how the people who make jokes about the President molesting his daughter are now lecturing others on human decency (this criticism does not extend to TD); seriously, 'eff all of 'ya's (to use a relatives parlance). I refuse to believe some of you guys are this dense. This has to be some complex practical joke on the two of us. I don't see how anyone could possibly do the "nice guy, ff Smiley Smiley" routine for the biggest warmongering publicity whore in Washington.

Edit: Seriously, look at how McCain inserts himself as "the swing vote" on every single major legislative battle of his entire career. If you can spare McCain some decency, I don't see why you can't do the same for the President? The same President that many of you have joked about killing, mind you.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 04:32:58 PM »

FWIW, I love how the people who make jokes about the President molesting his daughter are now lecturing others on human decency (this criticism does not extend to TD); seriously, 'eff all of 'ya's (to use a relatives parlance). I refuse to believe some of you guys are this dense. This has to be some complex practical joke on the two of us. I don't see how anyone could possibly do the "nice guy, ff Smiley Smiley" routine for the biggest warmongering publicity whore in Washington.

I'm very curious as to why someone who voted for a sexual predator thinks they have any grounds to criticize the decency of others

That being said, it probably shouldn't come as a surprise that a ""former"" white nationalist has difficulty experiencing common human compassion
I'd ask you the same exact question, you know. Take any flights with Jeffrey Epstein lately?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2017, 04:38:34 PM »

I'm very curious as to why someone who voted for a sexual predator thinks they have any grounds to criticize the decency of others

That being said, it probably shouldn't come as a surprise that a ""former"" white nationalist has difficulty experiencing common human compassion
I'd ask you the same exact question, you know. Take any flights with Jeffrey Epstein lately?

Sorry, Bill Clinton wasn't caught on tape bragging about assaulting women. Try again.

Maybe someday you'll come up with a justification better than "BUH CLINTON".
He's never been impeached for it by the House either.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 06:05:19 PM »

Edit: Seriously, look at how McCain inserts himself as "the swing vote" on every single major legislative battle of his entire career. If you can spare McCain some decency, I don't see why you can't do the same for the President? The same President that many of you have joked about killing, mind you.

You have ZERO credibility to call others out regarding "human decency."
You admitted here on Atlas that at past trump rallies, you (in conjunction with other trumpist as a mob) screamed, cursed and made a threatening scene to the reporters who were covering the rally, while they were in their designated press table/area.

Also, you say "many of you have joked about killing (trump)." Who exactly are these "many" that you are referencing ? List them please. Something tells me you're exaggerating this count and/or twisting their words for you to call it a direct threat.
It's funny how you accuse me of one thing and after literally doing the same. Flipping the bird is not a threat. Runeghost wishing death on Baron Trump is.

Why don't you try and offer up a hairbrained defense of McCain instead of attacking me though. I'd love to see that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies