John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:23:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer  (Read 9958 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 19, 2017, 07:10:55 PM »

Oh wow. How awful.
Now his inability to properly communicate in that past Senate hearing makes sense.
CNN is saying it is the same type of brain cancer that took Ted Kennedy.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 02:59:43 PM »

Obama's tweet in support has exactly 140 characters, so he likely put some effort in composing it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 03:07:45 PM »

Hope he can get through this........FF as a person.

No he isn't. He doesn't deserve cancer but let's not pretend he's in anyway a "good person."

Though I think McCain is a decent guy personally, he forfeit his "maverick" status when he voted with Bush 90% of the time and, after 2009, belonged to the GOP obstructionist machine in Congress. I'd call him FF personally and HP politically.

You can't separate the two. McCain is the ultimate politician. His alleged torture doesn't absolve him for his many, many sins.

“He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone."
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 01:14:40 PM »

Kelli Ward (a primary challenger to Jeff Flake next year) says McCain should step aside 'as quickly as possible' after cancer diagnosis: http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/21/politics/kfile-kelli-ward-mccain-diagnosis/index.html

I really, really would like to use the "C" word to describe this horrible person.
Errrrrrrrr !
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 05:51:56 PM »

FWIW, I love how the people who make jokes about the President molesting his daughter are now lecturing others on human decency (this criticism does not extend to TD); seriously, 'eff all of 'ya's (to use a relatives parlance). I refuse to believe some of you guys are this dense. This has to be some complex practical joke on the two of us. I don't see how anyone could possibly do the "nice guy, ff Smiley Smiley" routine for the biggest warmongering publicity whore in Washington.

Edit: Seriously, look at how McCain inserts himself as "the swing vote" on every single major legislative battle of his entire career. If you can spare McCain some decency, I don't see why you can't do the same for the President? The same President that many of you have joked about killing, mind you.

You have ZERO credibility to call others out regarding "human decency."
You admitted here on Atlas that at past trump rallies, you (in conjunction with other trumpist as a mob) screamed, cursed and made a threatening scene to the reporters who were covering the rally, while they were in their designated press table/area.

Also, you say "many of you have joked about killing (trump)." Who exactly are these "many" that you are referencing ? List them please. Something tells me you're exaggerating this count and/or twisting their words for you to call it a direct threat.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 06:38:33 PM »

FWIW, I love how the people who make jokes about the President molesting his daughter are now lecturing others on human decency (this criticism does not extend to TD); seriously, 'eff all of 'ya's (to use a relatives parlance). I refuse to believe some of you guys are this dense. This has to be some complex practical joke on the two of us. I don't see how anyone could possibly do the "nice guy, ff Smiley Smiley" routine for the biggest warmongering publicity whore in Washington.

Edit: Seriously, look at how McCain inserts himself as "the swing vote" on every single major legislative battle of his entire career. If you can spare McCain some decency, I don't see why you can't do the same for the President? The same President that many of you have joked about killing, mind you.

You have ZERO credibility to call others out regarding "human decency."
You admitted here on Atlas that at past trump rallies, you (in conjunction with other trumpist as a mob) screamed, cursed and made a threatening scene to the reporters who were covering the rally, while they were in their designated press table/area.

Also, you say "many of you have joked about killing (trump)." Who exactly are these "many" that you are referencing ? List them please. Something tells me you're exaggerating this count and/or twisting their words for you to call it a direct threat.

It's funny how you accuse me of one thing and after literally doing the same. Flipping the bird is not a threat. Runeghost wishing death on Baron Trump is.

Why don't you try and offer up a hairbrained defense of McCain instead of attacking me though. I'd love to see that.

What are you talking about !? I have never conducted myself like you, by "literally doing the same." I have never approached the press corps (or anyone else) and flipped-them-the-bird. Stop your deflection.

The press at many times have been interviewed about how they have been approached by nutty trumpists at trump rallies. Many of these reporters have indicated feeling very, very uncomfortable and felt threatened when a mob mentality of people have cursed and made disgusting "hand gestures" at them. If you were just doing your job, and some scumbags approached you screaming, cursing and flipping-you-off (just feet away from your face), you would also feel threatened (you are one/few, they are many). Only hoodlums would conduct themselves like this. So, stop making excuses for acting like a thug.

Also, Runeghost (or anyone, for that matter) "wishing death" on trump, is not the same as "many of you have joked about killing" (trump). These are your quotes, not mine.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 04:33:57 PM »

Agree.
Is this what the GOP has succumbed to ? Just disgusting !
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies