What professional sporting events have you been to? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:02:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What professional sporting events have you been to? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What professional sporting events have you been to?  (Read 419 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: July 20, 2017, 06:59:22 AM »
« edited: July 20, 2017, 07:32:14 AM by Santander »

Been to 2 FA Cup Finals, and various Rangers and Norwich league matches.

Been to a few Test cricket matches in England and Australia, as well as Kent first-class matches and Middlesex limited-overs matches. I'd love to travel to watch a match in Lahore when they start playing Tests in Pakistan again.

I go to the Kentucky Derby every year, although I skipped a year last year. I go with a few friends who share my Clubhouse box. I go to the opening weekend of both Keeneland meets every year with a different group of friends. Also go to races at Santa Anita if possible when I'm in LA, but while I love the view of the San Gabriel Mountains, it's hard to compare the worn paint and shorts-wearing atmosphere of Santa Anita to the country club green and jacket-and-tie atmosphere of Keeneland. (and they call Kentuckians rednecks... LOL) Also been to races at Saratoga, Kentucky Downs, Turfway, Belmont, Aqueduct, Indiana Grand, Arlington, Gulfstream, Del Mar, Evangeline, Delta, and Monmouth, off the top of my head.

Also go to races in HK whenever possible. I obviously prefer Sha Tin, but I do the Happy Valley thing if a friend wants to go. I've been to Kranji in Singapore too, but it's not great. I go to the St. Leger with a friend every few years, and I'm looking forward to going back this September. The two races I'd like to go to more than any other are the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at Longchamp and the Arima Kinen at Nakayama.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies