Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2017, 08:17:48 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Cast your Ballot in the 2016 Mock Election

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  2016 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: AndrewTX, Likely Voter, Justice TJ)
| | |-+  Say something nice about the opposition's supporters
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Say something nice about the opposition's supporters  (Read 499 times)
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2017, 11:04:59 am »
Ignore

As a Johnson voter, I'll start (since both Clinton and Trump are "the opposition").

I think Clinton voters (most of them) are intelligent, involved in their community, and socially aware. They have a "big picture" view of society in which the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, but that all parts are needed (infrastructure, business acumen, compassion, etc.) Most also are historically aware that many countries have elected a woman as chief executive, the US hasn't.

I think Trump voters (most of them) are down-to-earth, responsible, patriotic, able to find pleasure in little things. While not the most educated, they have lots of common sense and tend to appreciate what they have.
Coraxion
YaBB God
Ethiopia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 12:32:22 pm »
Ignore

The mental capacity of Trump supporters isn't lower than that of a banana just yet.

Senate Endorsements
AL: Doug Jones
NV: Jacky Rosen
AZ: Kyrsten Sinema
TX: Beto O'Rourke
UT: Jim Matheson
MO: Claire McCaskill
IN: Joe Donnelly
WV: Joe Manchin
MT: Jon Tester
ND: Heidi Heitkamp
WI: Tammy Baldwin
OH: Sherrod Brown
MI: Debbie Stabenow
FL: Bill Nelson
ME: Angus King
VA: Tim Kaine
PA: Bob Casey
The Saint
TheSaint250
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 12:43:07 pm »
Ignore

Thank you for allowing America to have the chance to elect a woman president (speaking more to clintons primary supporters I guess). Pretty monumental to see regardless of affiliation

Moderate Republican

VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.87

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 01:00:46 pm »
Ignore

To Trump voters: You're clearly passionate about the direction of the country, and I admire your pining for change, even is I disagree on that direction and how change should occur.

KS-GOV: Josh Svaty
MI-GOV: Abdul El-Sayed
OH-GOV: Betty Sutton
TN-GOV: Craig Fitzhugh
KS-04: James Thompson
IL-03: Dan Lipinski
Peebs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -6.43

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 02:42:17 pm »
Ignore

Trump voters: Some, I assume, are good people.
You're clearly passionate about the direction of the country, and I admire your pining for change, even is I disagree on that direction and how change should occur.

nclib
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 03:15:26 pm »
Ignore

To Trump voters: You're clearly passionate about the direction of the country, and I admire your pining for change, even is I disagree on that direction and how change should occur.

I was about to say something like that.

"George Bush supports abstinence. Lucky Laura."
- sign seen at the March for Women's Lives, 4/25/04

NJ is Better than TX
nj_dem

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 08:48:36 pm »
Ignore

To Trump voters and GOPers in general: Your devotion to your candidate and party is simply...how should I put it...awesome.

Like 80% turnout among Evangelical Christians? That's nothing to sneeze at.

Bagel23
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 12:25:03 am »
Ignore

Speaking to Republicans in general: y'all are generally heroic defenders of the helpless innocent lives that are unborn, and I admire that, and I share your views on abortion, let's work in a bipartisan manner to save lives!

I'm a Southern Blue-Dog Democrat... one of the few still left...

Proud Member of the Federalist party in Atlasia.

Parrotguy
Wyman
YaBB God
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -2.10, S: -5.04

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 02:54:20 am »
Ignore

Speaking to Republicans in general: y'all are generally heroic defenders of the helpless innocent lives that are unborn, and I admire that, and I share your views on abortion, let's work in a bipartisan manner to save lives!

Considering there are pro-choice Republicans, I could say the same about working in a bipartisan manner to preserve women's basic rights and fight for scientific facts and logic.
But anyway, to the Trump supporters: I admire your willingness to ignore what the whole political establishment is telling you to do.

A poster boy for globalism.

Twists and Turns- a 2012 Timeline

Current Endorsements:
Israeli Labour Party Leader- Avi Gabay
Reclaiming My Time
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 05:41:58 am »
Ignore

I applaud young Republicans for not being deplorables on the issue of marriage equality like their elder elephants. Even in Southeast Missouri, younger people by and large are united on the issue of LGBT rights and preserving marriage equality that transcends party and ideology. Thank you to all the young Republicans for joining with us as allies to fight for equal rights and equal protection under the law. We thank you for all you do for our community.
HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.90

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 11:51:17 am »
Ignore

I got nothing. You people honestly suck. Just look at what you did.

#SorryNotSorry

RINO Tom
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -4.70

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2017, 12:18:01 pm »
Ignore

I got nothing. You people honestly suck. Just look at what you did.

#SorryNotSorry

I understand your frustration, mate.  However, one of my good friends' dad owns a struggling business.  She's not the most political person in the world, but she trusts and loves her dad, and her dad genuinely believes that a Democrat in the White House is scary for his livlihood, so they both voted for Trump.  They didn't like him and they voted against him in the primaries and I know for a fact she was incredibly conflicted, even saying she cried in the voting booth.  Call her or her dad stupid, I doubt they'd even argue that they're not; they're very humble people, and they try to keep to themselves and don't try to convince anyone that they're super smart, successful or important.  However, she's not a bad person.  She's just not.

Again, I pulled the trigger for Hillary, but a lot of Republican kids with parents like hers sided with their families.  I don't expect you to necessarily sympathize with them, but your recent lumping in of all of those who disagree with you with the worst who disagree with you is dangerous and not indicative of how you used to be as a poster.  I don't try to pretend like I get the harship you've probably gone through and the hatred you've experienced from a lot of the uglier elements of the GOP, but I guess just keep in mind that not everyone is like that who voted for Trump, even if you think that one singular act actually should overshadow everything else (which I guess is a legitimate claim).

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

- Abraham Lincoln, 16th President
PragmaticPopulist
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 02:15:07 pm »
Ignore

To non-Trump Republicans: Thank you for not giving into tribalism and sticking to individual thought rather than mob mentality.

To Trump Republicans: I don't know if you voted for Trump because of your economic position, or you just felt that White people are being marginalized, but I do know this: You're right to be angry about why your life may not be as good as it used to. Distorting facts about the source of your problems isn't gonna help though.

Pre-third way-style Democrat with a Progressive Streak
Endorsements
Senate
  • AZ - Kyrsten Sinema
  • FL - Bill Nelson
  • NV - Jacky Rosen
  • OH - Sherrod Brown
  • WI - Tammy Baldwin
Governor
  • FL - Gwen Graham
  • GA - Stacey Evans
  • NJ - Phil Murphy
  • NM - Michelle Lujan Grisham
  • VA - Ralph Northam
  • WI - Kathleen Vinehout
RINO Tom
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -4.70

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2017, 02:30:11 pm »
Ignore

To Trump supporters: I get where you're coming from, and whether you voted for the man out of strictly conservative beliefs, an issue with Hillary Clinton or - as many of his "converts" did - a "last chance gamble" at turning around your fortunes or the fortunes of somebody that you love, I'll try not to judge too much.  I also think the majority of you (if we're talking strictly people who cast a ballot for Trump) have been unfairly ridiculed as being just as bad as the worst of you.

To partisan Democrats: I think (most) of you - not the Cora types - genuinely believe that the Democratic Party and its traditional ideals are the vehicle most able to help the needy in society, and I think you think you're doing your part to make the world a fairer place, even if I think your ideas might be a bit naive sometimes.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

- Abraham Lincoln, 16th President
ahugecat

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2017, 02:35:10 pm »
Ignore

When they settle on a narrative, they go full out and don't hold back.

Look at the past weekend - they're going full on about the attack. They kept saying Trump supporters are violent/hateful, but they had no real examples (except for that old dude who punched a protester 2 years ago) until this weekend and now it confirms everything they thought to them. Obama or Clinton never once had to denounce terrorist attackers who supported them - but Trump is facing extreme heat for Virginia.

I give them credit for that.

Also I give them credit for their use of courts. Right wingers for some reason never want to use the courts to their advantage and it's annoying.
Xavier Inglemoor Curry
xingkerui
YaBB God
Taiwan

Political Matrix
E: -5.63, S: -6.13

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2017, 02:39:47 pm »
Ignore

I think at least many Trump supporters have legitimate concerns about the future and the current state of society. Many of them are justified in their frustration and anger. To those who did so because the issue of abortion is so important to them... I get that, but I hope that people who refer to themselves as "pro-life" can apply the value they place on life to other issues as well.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout