Say something nice about the opposition's supporters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:37:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Say something nice about the opposition's supporters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Say something nice about the opposition's supporters  (Read 2704 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: August 15, 2017, 12:18:01 PM »

I got nothing. You people honestly suck. Just look at what you did.

#SorryNotSorry

I understand your frustration, mate.  However, one of my good friends' dad owns a struggling business.  She's not the most political person in the world, but she trusts and loves her dad, and her dad genuinely believes that a Democrat in the White House is scary for his livlihood, so they both voted for Trump.  They didn't like him and they voted against him in the primaries and I know for a fact she was incredibly conflicted, even saying she cried in the voting booth.  Call her or her dad stupid, I doubt they'd even argue that they're not; they're very humble people, and they try to keep to themselves and don't try to convince anyone that they're super smart, successful or important.  However, she's not a bad person.  She's just not.

Again, I pulled the trigger for Hillary, but a lot of Republican kids with parents like hers sided with their families.  I don't expect you to necessarily sympathize with them, but your recent lumping in of all of those who disagree with you with the worst who disagree with you is dangerous and not indicative of how you used to be as a poster.  I don't try to pretend like I get the harship you've probably gone through and the hatred you've experienced from a lot of the uglier elements of the GOP, but I guess just keep in mind that not everyone is like that who voted for Trump, even if you think that one singular act actually should overshadow everything else (which I guess is a legitimate claim).
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 02:30:11 PM »

To Trump supporters: I get where you're coming from, and whether you voted for the man out of strictly conservative beliefs, an issue with Hillary Clinton or - as many of his "converts" did - a "last chance gamble" at turning around your fortunes or the fortunes of somebody that you love, I'll try not to judge too much.  I also think the majority of you (if we're talking strictly people who cast a ballot for Trump) have been unfairly ridiculed as being just as bad as the worst of you.

To partisan Democrats: I think (most) of you - not the Cora types - genuinely believe that the Democratic Party and its traditional ideals are the vehicle most able to help the needy in society, and I think you think you're doing your part to make the world a fairer place, even if I think your ideas might be a bit naive sometimes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies