2016: Just Another Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:33:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016: Just Another Election
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016: Just Another Election  (Read 599 times)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 22, 2017, 08:39:05 PM »
« edited: July 28, 2017, 05:43:11 PM by TheSaint250 »

June 16, 2015
Trump Declines to Run for President

In a tweet sent out early this morning, business mogul and host of The Apprentice Donald Trump announced that he would not run in next year’s presidential election despite claiming that “so many” were calling for a Trump run.  

The businessman had declined running for the nation’s office many times in the past and briefly ran for businessman Ross Perot’s Reform Party’s presidential nomination in 2000.  Many pundits did not expect him to run, but he had taken the steps that most candidates usually take leading up to a run, forming an exploratory committee in March of this year and being present at conservative events, some in early primary states.
   A source close to Trump claims that the CEO “has no plans to endorse any candidate at this time” but is on the record criticizing former Florida governor and candidate Jeb Bush by saying that “[t]he last thing we need is another Bush.”  In the 2012 Republican primaries, he endorsed eventual nominee Mitt Romney in February of that year, saying that Romney would not “continue to allow bad things to happen to this country.”

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 08:57:10 PM »

Message to everyone: this is my first timeline on this site (I lack originality with ideas)!  Please give me feedback as I go on.  I'd like to make this at least halfway decent. Smiley
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 09:02:57 PM »

Yaaas, this is looks super cool. Also, how do you create Trump tweets like that?!
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 09:04:54 PM »

Alright then, New Hampshire is wide open now, Cruz should still get Iowa here.  Good so far.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 09:07:32 PM »

Yaaas, this is looks super cool. Also, how do you create Trump tweets like that?!
https://faketrumptweet.com

That's one website.  There are a few websites like that.  With this one, the date of the tweet is the date that you created it, so if you want to use a tweet for a past or future timeline, make sure to crop it out.

Thanks for the compliment Smiley

Alright then, New Hampshire is wide open now, Cruz should still get Iowa here.  Good so far.
Thank you as well!
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 10:20:53 AM »

Just a heads-up: I won't be able to update until at least Thursday.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 05:42:43 PM »

July 1, 2015
Walker Leads in Iowa, Carson in Second

Quinnipiac University released a poll of likely Republican voters in Iowa’s February 1st caucus.  The poll shows Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker in the lead with 19% and neurosurgeon Ben Carson in second place with 14% of the vote.  Such a lead is sure to empower Walker in his candidacy for the presidency.  The governor has recently overtaken former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, the frontrunner in pre-campaign-announcement polls, in some national polls.  Bush is at 8% in the poll.
   Already, the Carson campaign has shown excitement with such a powerful showing in the poll, with campaign manager Barry Bennett saying that the poll proves that “voters are sick of establishment politics and want the outsider candidate.”
   Other candidates, like former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee and former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum, both of whom won the Iowa caucuses in 2008 and 2012, respectively, are polling lower than they would like.  Relative newcomers to the Senate, such as Ted Cruz of Texas, Rand Paul of Kentucky, and Marco Rubio of Florida are polling at 13%, 10%, and 9%, respectively.  The three campaigns have indicated that Iowa is a must-win.  Bush, who seems to be focusing more on New Hampshire, is polling at 8%.
   The results of the poll are as follows:

Scott Walker: 19%
Ben Carson: 14%
Ted Cruz: 13%
Rand Paul: 10%
Marco Rubio: 9%
Jeb Bush: 8%
Mike Huckabee: 5%
Rick Santorum: 4%
Carly Fiorina: 3%
Bobby Jindal: 3%
Chris Christie: 2%
John Kasich: 2%
Lindsey Graham: 1%

While polling this far out from the contest in February of next year does not paint a perfect picture of the final result, such a poll is sure to push the candidates to stand out in the first primary debate less than two months away.  Rubio campaign manager Terry Sullivan said, “Senator Rubio is taking a lot of time to prepare for the debate, readying to counter any false accusations and to present his vision for a new American century.”  The rest of the campaigns have released similar statements.

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 10:15:46 PM »

Well, unfortunately, I decided to put an indefinite pause on this timeline...

Because I think I have a better timeline.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies