Trump spoke to 40,000 Boy Scouts about...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:14:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump spoke to 40,000 Boy Scouts about...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Trump spoke to 40,000 Boy Scouts about...  (Read 3810 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2017, 09:15:18 PM »

Obama was booed at the Jamboree he addressed in 2010 so he was speaking to a friendly crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAWsy7VV8oE
Dude you literally have no idea about why they booed him, I talked to my scoutmaster who went in 2010 and the Boy Scouts were very angry that year as it was the 100th anniversary, most presidents attend as they are the honorary presidents and Obama taped a session of the View the day the address happened so he skipped is for Whoopi.

How dare Barack Obama be the president for people other than rich, privileged white men and boys. Won't someone think of the poor, defenseless, put-upon white suburbanites who can afford to travel across country to attend a national jamboree? Won't they ever be spoken for?

I voted for Obama in 2012.  I generally view him positively.  But one reason he was so polarizing is that he often acted like he was President of everyone but "rich, privileged white men and boys" and the "put-upon white suburbanites . . .", etc.  He was President of THEM, too, and he often appeared disdainful of this.  Obama SHOULD have made this gathering more important than some TV thing; it's an organization that has always been about God and Country, and Obama should have recognized THAT concept as important.  
Receipts?
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2017, 09:16:04 PM »

Disgusting my ass. I will not conform to conservative correctness.

Screw the Boy Scouts!

I really don't have to defend him against people who attack him for everything. I save my energy for wavering Trumpists these days.
I wonder what it's like being a dunce on a forum filled with intellectuals.
I figured you'd know by now.
I have a high IQ. So I'm not exactly a dunce.

In any case, politics used to be a matter of opinion. But now that the GOP has detached from reality, it's fundamentally a matter of right vs wrong.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2017, 09:20:56 PM »

Obama was booed at the Jamboree he addressed in 2010 so he was speaking to a friendly crowd.

Dude you literally have no idea about why they booed him, I talked to my scoutmaster who went in 2010 and the Boy Scouts were very angry that year as it was the 100th anniversary, most presidents attend as they are the honorary presidents and Obama taped a session of the View the day the address happened so he skipped is for Whoopi.

How dare Barack Obama be the president for people other than rich, privileged white men and boys. Won't someone think of the poor, defenseless, put-upon white suburbanites who can afford to travel across country to attend a national jamboree? Won't they ever be spoken for?

I voted for Obama in 2012.  I generally view him positively.  But one reason he was so polarizing is that he often acted like he was President of everyone but "rich, privileged white men and boys" and the "put-upon white suburbanites . . .", etc.  He was President of THEM, too, and he often appeared disdainful of this.  Obama SHOULD have made this gathering more important than some TV thing; it's an organization that has always been about God and Country, and Obama should have recognized THAT concept as important.  
Receipts?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2017, 09:25:35 PM »

In fairness to Obama, when didn't he? Watch his speech to the Boy Scouts for an excellent comparison as to why Trump is garbage as both president and a human being
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2017, 09:27:41 PM »

Why is this 4 pages lol
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2017, 09:29:53 PM »

This is were I get so sick of RWers and their hypocrisy. Obama never treated conservatives once as badly as Trump treats liberals on a daily freakin basis. Heck today he was mocking a protestor saying he is "running home to mommy"
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2017, 09:35:21 PM »

Screw the Boy Scouts!

I really don't have to defend him against people who attack him for everything. I save my energy for wavering Trumpists these days.

In any case, politics used to be a matter of opinion. But now that the GOP has detached from reality, it's fundamentally a matter of right vs wrong.
"I have a black friend, I'm not exactly a racist."
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2017, 09:39:35 PM »

Screw the Boy Scouts!

"I have a black friend, I'm not exactly a racist."
I use the black friend defense all the time...
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2017, 09:53:13 PM »

please don't
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2017, 10:14:37 PM »

I thought you'd quit the Trump Train and evolved into "well, you can't blame me for supporting trump because Hillary was so bad"
Do you read my actual posts or just Badger's intentional misinterpretations of them?

I called your comments as crass and classless as more current president your political Idol. There was no misrepresentation, intentional or otherwise.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2017, 10:24:41 PM »

Remember that time Obama gave what was basically an anodyne "work hard and stay in school" speech to children and conservatives lost their minds and accused him of trying to brainwash everyone with propaganda?

Literally nothing that man did was ever good enough.

So when Republicans complain about how they were "never allowed to disagree with anything Obama did without being called a racist," I have to ask, if you're disagreeing with Obama over the sort of petty minutiae that you did, then prove to me that you're not a racist.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2017, 10:38:08 PM »

I thought you'd quit the Trump Train and evolved into "well, you can't blame me for supporting trump because Hillary was so bad"
Do you read my actual posts or just Badger's intentional misinterpretations of them?

Both? I don't know? I really thought you had crossed over to the anti-Trump side, but it looks like you're back on it.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2017, 10:41:01 PM »

Trump has done and no doubt will continue to do a lot of downright despicable things, but as an Eagle Scout I take this grotesque affront to basic civility personally. What an absolute scumbag.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2017, 11:14:11 PM »

Screw the Boy Scouts!

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2017, 11:15:49 PM »

Rich fascist rants and raves in front of little rich fascists in training, news at 11
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2017, 04:04:17 AM »

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2017, 08:26:02 AM »

The butt hurt from the left will last 4 years, so why not 4 pages for this?  Wink
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2017, 10:57:09 AM »

Probably because:

1. Boy Scouts may have some diversity in ethnicity, religion, and social origins of boys -- but all in all they are some of the most promising of adolescents. Scouting gives boys a head-start on developing the confidence, competence, and healthy attitudes necessary for leaders in American life. So it is with potential military officers, business owners and managers, teachers, clergy, public administrators, elected officials, and even creative people. Nothing about the Boy Scouts is inconsistent with becoming a competent adult.

Boy Scouts learn to stretch themselves under leadership that shows them how to step out of the box of mass culture to take some minor risks that can expose them to life-enriching experiences. I may be 61 years old and have never been even an average athlete (except for faring better than some of my contemporaries with bad personal habits), but I am a powerful swimmer, and a twenty-mile hike doesn't scare me. Yes, I was a Boy Scout.

2. Donald Trump tried to exploit Scouting for the support of his political agenda (inappropriate, in view of the Rules and Regulations of Scouting), told some lies (such as his claim to have won a landslide victory), and discussed things irrelevant to scouting (his material indulgence) and something not a part of Scouting (cocktail parties). That Scouting might create a greater possibility of personal success is fit for discussion by adult former Scouts. This is just as valid for a union official as for a business executive.

3. Scouting promotes traditional values, but it is unambiguously pro-environment. President Trump has frequently shown hostility toward environmentalism and even conservation (the old word from when Scouting was new).

Scouting is demanding and time-consuming, but it is well worth the time and personal challenge. It may not be able to make a good boy out of a bad one, but it can make a better boy out of a good one. It is the antithesis of delinquency.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2017, 01:08:04 PM »

Just released.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

LOL.
"Idiot trump Ruins Boy Scout Event" ...... great headline, don't you think ?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies