Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:25:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26
Poll
Question: Which system would you prefer for calculating battles?
Dice

Random Number Generator

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 9

Author Topic: Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread  (Read 29372 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2017, 10:17:30 AM »

With all due respect,
It makes absolutely no sense that a country is allied with France, GB and Prussia.

So, for the sake of clarity, I believe one of the alliances, either with me, or with GB-Prussia, should be cancelled.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2017, 10:55:28 AM »

Are we still in turn one or it's closed?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2017, 11:08:28 AM »

With all due respect,
It makes absolutely no sense that a country is allied with France, GB and Prussia.

So, for the sake of clarity, I believe one of the alliances, either with me, or with GB-Prussia, should be cancelled.

Why?  No offense, but this sounds excessively restrictive at best.  If France wants to make that its own official policy then okay, but that feels a bit like dictating players' choices in a way that might make the game a great deal less fun.  I mean, if you can't explore alternate possibilities beyond the obvious moves then what's the point?  These games aren't about who wins so much as the fun we all have thinking of crazy schemes to climb the next rung, I think.  But maybe that's just me *shrug*
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2017, 11:09:51 AM »

With all due respect,

Why?  No offense, but this sounds excessively restrictive at best.  If France wants to make that its own official policy then okay, but that feels a bit like dictating players' choices in a way that might make the game a great deal less fun.  I mean, if you can't explore alternate possibilities beyond the obvious moves then what's the point?  These games aren't about who wins so much as the fun we all have thinking of crazy schemes to climb the next rung, I think.  But maybe that's just me *shrug*
It's not about me, but this is to make sense. If Spain wants to break the alliance with me I would respect it, but it makes absolutely no sense that a country is allied at the same time to GB/Prussia and to France, considering the actual tensions. It would have never happened irl.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2017, 04:28:37 PM »

With all due respect,

Well,
Problem solved Cheesy
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2017, 04:39:18 PM »

Oh and by the way,
I never insulted CMB2 by PM and I assume he's saying that for roleplay thing and that's fine, but I just wanted to clarify lol.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2017, 12:01:18 AM »

Would you prefer for me to play Venice, Portugal, or Denmark? I'm rather partial to Venice, as I believe it would have a strong navy and trade to keep its economy up.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2017, 12:25:20 AM »

I'd like to join as Portugal, if possible.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2017, 12:57:36 AM »

I'd like to join as Portugal, if possible.

Welcome to the game.

For everyone else, Dereich offered to become an assistant GM but I figured adding another player would be a better option Cheesy

Would you prefer for me to play Venice, Portugal, or Denmark? I'm rather partial to Venice, as I believe it would have a strong navy and trade to keep its economy up.

I'd prefer Denmark-Norway, tbh. Venice was in quite the decline economically and politically throughout the 18th century and it would be difficult to reverse whereas Denmark remained a strong regional power with colonies in Greenland and the Americas.

Just a reminder that the turn will close Tuesday August 1st @ 5 pm PST. I hope to get a post with the major news events up Tuesday evening (quite a bit of exciting things happened this turn Wink ) and will have Turn 2 opened either Tues or Wed. No late orders will be accepted.  I may also do a post debriefing all the powers for their actions this turn after the general news update.

Feel free to keep PMing between the turns, but do not post in the gameplay thread after Turn 1 until Turn 2 and the prompts have been added. Thanks Smiley
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2017, 01:01:49 AM »

Exciting things happened this turn? I had no idea!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2017, 10:07:36 PM »

Denmark-Norway sounds like fun. Sign me up!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2017, 04:59:34 AM »

Gotfan, I'm genuinely curious, why did you choose to reduce your own powers???
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2017, 05:19:38 AM »

Enlightenment, dear boy. I'm not a tyrannical autocrat like you Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2017, 05:20:30 AM »

A *holy* tyrannical autocrat Tongue
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2017, 05:22:27 AM »

A *holy* tyrannical autocrat Tongue

Holy is a very subjective opinion, my friend.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2017, 07:16:05 PM »

Turn 2 is posted. Please PM me if you see I forgot to make any changes in regards to the location of your armies or if you raised more men, I'm more than happy to edit it in. With 300 PMs to go through, I may have missed things Wink  (though it's great you are all so active, I've loved watching the diplomacy so far).

Turn 2 will close Wednesday Evening August 9th @ 5 pm PST.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2017, 10:33:50 PM »

Just a heads up that I will be gone on vacation from Friday evening to Monday afternoon. I should have occasional internet access to answer any immeadiate questions, but if any widespread war between players breaks out it will be until Monday before I can post a new thread for it.

Keep including me in PMs while I'm away so I will understand everything that occurs in by absence. Feel free to submit your orders as usual during this period as well.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2017, 05:27:34 PM »

Just a heads up that I will be gone on vacation from Friday evening to Monday afternoon. I should have occasional internet access to answer any immeadiate questions, but if any widespread war between players breaks out it will be until Monday before I can post a new thread for it.

Keep including me in PMs while I'm away so I will understand everything that occurs in by absence. Feel free to submit your orders as usual during this period as well.

Relax well Smiley
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2017, 06:24:09 PM »

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2017, 02:39:55 PM »

It appears that even when I'm not involved that is still my fault and I must apologize Tongue
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2017, 11:12:58 PM »

Boy, what an interesting scene to come back to Smiley

I'll be posting the war thread shortly. All the involved powers are encouraged to send me their military orders and I urge anyone who is planning on joining this turn to do so shortly, in order for a more efficient processing of orders at the end of the turn.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2017, 11:19:38 PM »

I'll be posting the war thread shortly. All the involved powers are encouraged to send me their military orders and I urge anyone who is planning on joining this turn to do so shortly, in order for a more efficient processing of orders at the end of the turn.

Can we please have an extension until Wednesday (Friday would be much better, but at least until Wednesday late evening)?  RL is kinda crazy right now.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2017, 11:24:40 PM »

Can we please have an extension until Wednesday (Friday would be much better, but at least until Wednesday late evening)?  RL is kinda crazy right now.

Totally understandable. Wednesday evening @5 PST is when the turn was due to close, I'll extend it a couple of hours until 12 a.m. on Thursday. Smiley (it will be helpful for me too, with the new war to manage)

I don't want to extend turns too much though, because I'm worried it starts to slow the game down with long periods of downtime between turns.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2017, 11:48:53 PM »

Totally understandable. Wednesday evening @5 PST is when the turn was due to close, I'll extend it a couple of hours until 12 a.m. on Thursday. Smiley (it will be helpful for me too, with the new war to manage)

I don't want to extend turns too much though, because I'm worried it starts to slow the game down with long periods of downtime between turns.

Sorry, this is just a crazy week b/c I'm moving out of my parent's house and into my apartment this week, going to NYC for the weekend, and then starting law school a week from Wednesday Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2017, 01:53:06 AM »

Will have my orders tomorrow, I've been busy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies