Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:54:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which system would you prefer for calculating battles?
Dice

Random Number Generator

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 9

Author Topic: Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread  (Read 29633 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« on: August 01, 2017, 01:01:49 AM »

Exciting things happened this turn? I had no idea!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 07:08:09 AM »

Dude, calm down.

That's how the game works - one person/side does something, and the other side responds. We have a full week for the turn. I can do whatever I want within that week, at any point during that week, just like you can. You need to be able to respond. It's called being prepared, thinking ahead, leading the game instead of being passive.

You have almost 48 hours to respond. If you can't do it in that amount of time...
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 07:15:02 AM »

No, it would be "annoying" if I posted it at 11:59 PM when the turn closes at 12:00 AM. We didn't. You have plenty of time. Any further extension that what has already been granted will slow the game down too much, and unfairly advantage the other side. We all have a week time-scale to work in. We all knew that when we joined the game.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 10:35:21 PM »

Just to clarify, Turn 3 closes on August 18th @ 5 pm PST.

I'm debating doing more events in real time during the turn (like to Pope event) in order to adequately respond to rapidly changing events without having to wait until the end of turn update, but I was wondering what you all thought before I went forward with it. Would it be a problem or does it help?

I like it!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 03:51:33 AM »

This turn seems exceptionally long.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 11:14:01 PM »

The UK declared war against France.
Prussia declared war against France.
The Netherlands declared war against France.
Portugal declared war against France.
Poland declared war against France.
The Ottomans declared war against France.

And then it's me who is considered as a murderous bellicist Tongue

It's called PR - spin, spin, spin, baby!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 03:31:02 PM »

Indeed, let us move fast. I can't wait for the results!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 09:51:49 PM »

Just curious, the turn is over as scheduled, right?

Yes, I'm considering it to have closed, as I've recieved everyone's orders. Calculating results now.

Good! I'm nervous as hell, but good.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 06:16:03 PM »

When does this turn end? I'm rather sick, and may need an extension.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 08:55:31 AM »

Orders in, don't need an extension.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 10:25:15 PM »

Hey all, so the turn is now closed. With that, though, I also have  an announcement to make.

This game has been great so far, but, unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. I've given this alot of thought over the past few days and I'm willing to now say that the next turn will likely be the last one. I've been getting increasingly more busy and the game seems to be slowing down on its own as well, with little being posted in the main thread. These last few months have been both challenging (testing how effectively I could manage day-to-day moderating while also working and taking classes) yet also highly rewarding. The amount of creativity and devotion I've seen from some players has truly been inspiring, especially considering I posted the idea of the game on a whim.

So here's what will happen. I will post the military and news updates for this turn either tonight or tomorrow. I would then like to draft the next (and final) turn, posting that and letting it run at its usual pace. After that, perhaps a while, I would hope to post a summary of how each individual nation fared for the period, long-term results, and how it will look going forward. Europe has truly seen a good deal of change. This would also include an overall summary of how the world will look going into the later half of the 18th century.

I'm sorry if this announcement will disappoint anyone, but it is no longer realistic for me to balance the game with real-life time commitments. I'm doing a final turn so it can be wrapped up more effectively. If the Second War of the Grand Coalitions is still raging at the end, I will also post a summary of that outcome as well. Certainly I'd be willing to hand over the moderator role to anyone willing, though such actions have been quite tricky in the past and do not often result with game's keeping up their same level of vitality.

I reiterate my thankfulness to everyone for participating. I've wanted to see one of these games covering this period in European history for quite some time. You've all helped make that a reality.

I'm very happy with this course of action.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 07:51:42 PM »

Will we ever see the dramatic end of our fantastic game?!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies