Trump erroneously says Lebanon is "on the front lines" in fighting Hezbollah.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:48:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump erroneously says Lebanon is "on the front lines" in fighting Hezbollah.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump erroneously says Lebanon is "on the front lines" in fighting Hezbollah.  (Read 1044 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 25, 2017, 08:48:25 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/07/25/trump-erroneously-says-lebanon-is-on-the-front-lines-fighting-hezbollah-a-partner-in-the-lebanese-government/?utm_term=.18614bdb873b

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 08:51:28 PM »

It is the front line, technically. Is Hezbollah not automatically connected to Lebanon in your mind? Tongue
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 08:55:09 PM »

It is the front line, technically. Is Hezbollah not automatically connected to Lebanon in your mind? Tongue

The problem is he said Lebanon was fighting Hezbollah, when they're actually part of the Lebanese government.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 09:32:26 PM »

Anyone have a dunce hat for the Orange Clown ?
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 09:39:10 PM »

Where's he getting his foreign policy information from, Sarah Palin? Sad!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 07:27:46 AM »

This is one of the most true things he's said all week

OMG you're right!
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 09:15:23 AM »

The problem is he said Lebanon was fighting Hezbollah, when they're actually part of the Lebanese government.
Even most Lebanese people think they're a legitimate fighting force to defend the country from Israel. I don't disagree with them.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 09:19:02 AM »

Even most Lebanese people think they're a legitimate fighting force to defend the country from Israel. I don't disagree with them.

So is our resident open anti-Semite merely a Hezbollah "sympathizer" or do you endorse the organization?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 09:30:34 AM »

Lol.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 11:17:00 AM »

our resident open anti-Semite
Don't jump to conclusions. I said that I'm proud whenever a Zionist calls me an anti-Semite, much like how you're proud when someone calls you deplorable, fascist, or racist.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 11:37:34 AM »

Don't jump to conclusions. I said that I'm proud whenever a Zionist calls me an anti-Semite, much like how you're proud when someone calls you deplorable, fascist, or racist.
Nah you're a Nazi.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 12:21:31 PM »

How the world sees the Lebanon/Hezbollah statement:
"My God, who is running the US?"

How Netanyahu sees it:
"Yees..he finally got it"

How Trump sees it:
"ISIS, al Qaeda, Hezbollah...two out of three ain't bad"
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 07:41:49 AM »

right, 'cause is Israel is always attacking them unprovoked Roll Eyes

also, cite for the "most" part?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2017, 10:57:27 AM »

Nah you're a Nazi.

Coming from the " former" white nationalist. People in Glass Houses, Sanchez....
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2017, 11:19:44 AM »

right, 'cause is Israel is always attacking them unprovoked Roll Eyes

also, cite for the "most" part?
I had a poll from 2006 (during the war there) in mind when I posted that. After searching for more recent polls, it seems that that's no longer correct, possibly due to their involvement in Syria. I stand corrected.

What I had in mind: https://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0728/p06s01-wome.html
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 11:28:15 AM »

Nah you're a Nazi.

Coming from the " former" white nationalist. People in Glass Houses, Sanchez....
The average Badger post typically consists of an exaggerated past episode, a cheap platitude his grandmother taught him at a young age, and exactly three periods trailing off.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 11:29:39 AM »

Nah you're a Nazi.

The average Badger post typically consists of an exaggerated past episode, a cheap platitude his grandmother taught him at a young age, and exactly three periods trailing off.

Technically, they're called an ellipsis. Tongue
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2017, 11:34:13 AM »

Nah you're a Nazi.

And your typical post sounds much better in the original German.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 01:10:05 PM »

Nah you're a Nazi.

And your typical post sounds much better in the original German.
No mention of red lace boots this time? You're getting more original Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies