Trump erroneously says Lebanon is "on the front lines" in fighting Hezbollah. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:13:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump erroneously says Lebanon is "on the front lines" in fighting Hezbollah. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump erroneously says Lebanon is "on the front lines" in fighting Hezbollah.  (Read 1076 times)
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« on: July 26, 2017, 09:15:23 AM »

It is the front line, technically. Is Hezbollah not automatically connected to Lebanon in your mind? Tongue

The problem is he said Lebanon was fighting Hezbollah, when they're actually part of the Lebanese government.
Even most Lebanese people think they're a legitimate fighting force to defend the country from Israel. I don't disagree with them.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 11:17:00 AM »

It is the front line, technically. Is Hezbollah not automatically connected to Lebanon in your mind? Tongue

The problem is he said Lebanon was fighting Hezbollah, when they're actually part of the Lebanese government.
Even most Lebanese people think they're a legitimate fighting force to defend the country from Israel. I don't disagree with them.

our resident open anti-Semite
Don't jump to conclusions. I said that I'm proud whenever a Zionist calls me an anti-Semite, much like how you're proud when someone calls you deplorable, fascist, or racist.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 11:19:44 AM »

right, 'cause is Israel is always attacking them unprovoked Roll Eyes

also, cite for the "most" part?
I had a poll from 2006 (during the war there) in mind when I posted that. After searching for more recent polls, it seems that that's no longer correct, possibly due to their involvement in Syria. I stand corrected.

What I had in mind: https://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0728/p06s01-wome.html
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies