Trump to police - 'Don't be too nice' - 'Throw them in the paddy wagon'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:33:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump to police - 'Don't be too nice' - 'Throw them in the paddy wagon'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump to police - 'Don't be too nice' - 'Throw them in the paddy wagon'  (Read 1593 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 28, 2017, 03:03:41 PM »

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/891010404499021824

“When you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon, you just see them thrown in. Rough. I said, ‘Please don’t be too nice.’ Like when you guys put somebody in the car and you’re protecting their head – like ‘don’t hit their head’ – and they’ve just killed somebody? I said, ‘You can take the hand away.'”

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 03:16:44 PM »

The President just referred to the MS-13 gangs as "animals". I love this man. What a refreshing change after 8 years of a President so critical of police.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 03:29:20 PM »

Anyone else notice the irony of a guy who's literally committed crime and fraud his whole life lecturing on how to treat criminals

Oh, yes. The utmost irony will be if, when he is eventually perpwalked himself, he accidentally cracks his head because he won't let the cops touch his toupee/weave/implant (whatever the thing on his head is).
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 03:33:21 PM »

I'm liberal and I have no problem with this. The police feel so scrutinized, like they have to be walking on pins and needles all the time, so attacked, and worry they have no support for their job. Trump is just giving them a pep talk. Loosening them up. Making them feel good. That's totally understandable. The cops do a dangerous job - and a lot of times there'll be mistakes. In a few cases - like with Phil Castile, it really shouldn't have happened, but police shouldn't feel they have no support enforcing our laws.

Anyway, CNN broadcast the whole Trump speech. The idea that they're somehow 'anti-Trump' is just a joke. Trump = ratings.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 03:59:36 PM »

This is going to make a lot of tort lawyers very very rich
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 05:11:05 PM »

Anyone else notice the irony of a guy who's literally committed crime and fraud his whole life lecturing on how to treat criminals

Oh, yes. The utmost irony will be if, when he is eventually perpwalked himself, he accidentally cracks his head because he won't let the cops touch his toupee/weave/implant (whatever the thing on his head is).

Trump can say this because as a leading member of the American oligarchy (and now the leading member) he knows he'll never go to jail (or be arrested)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 06:01:10 PM »

Trump can say this because as a leading member of the American oligarchy (and now the leading member) he knows he'll never go to jail (or be arrested)

I'm sure Louis XVI thought the same. And so did the probably more similar Charles I.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 06:10:04 PM »

I'm sure Louis XVI thought the same. And so did the probably more similar Charles I.

Are you predicting an American version of the French Revolution?
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 08:01:10 PM »

I'm liberal and I have no problem with this. The police feel so scrutinized, like they have to be walking on pins and needles all the time, so attacked, and worry they have no support for their job. Trump is just giving them a pep talk. Loosening them up. Making them feel good. That's totally understandable. The cops do a dangerous job - and a lot of times there'll be mistakes. In a few cases - like with Phil Castile, it really shouldn't have happened, but police shouldn't feel they have no support enforcing our laws.

Anyway, CNN broadcast the whole Trump speech. The idea that they're somehow 'anti-Trump' is just a joke. Trump = ratings.

There are many, many ways to support the police that don't involve advocating for police brutality.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 08:02:21 PM »

I'm liberal and I have no problem with this. The police feel so scrutinized, like they have to be walking on pins and needles all the time, so attacked, and worry they have no support for their job. Trump is just giving them a pep talk. Loosening them up. Making them feel good. That's totally understandable.

Democrats already spent the whole 2016 convention doing that.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 08:10:54 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2017, 08:22:23 PM by ProudModerate2 »

There are many, many ways to support the police that don't involve advocating for police brutality.

Agree.
At a time when "police action" is under fire, the Orange Clown should not be talking about just "throwing people in the paddy wagon." The president should show support for police, but not in this fashion. Once again, like at the Boys Scouts event, trump f**ks-up the true message of why he is there. He is a bumbling Idiot !
maga2020
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: 7.74

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 08:15:34 PM »

Because being nice to violent people will surely make them less violent, rather than making those people think their behavior has been rewarded.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2017, 02:11:47 PM »

Because being nice to violent people will surely make them less violent, rather than making those people think their behavior has been rewarded.

If they want their violent behavior to be rewarded, they should join the NYPD.
Higgins
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2017, 02:14:27 PM »

If they want their violent behavior to be rewarded, they should join the NYPD.

Why the hatred for authority, Comrade?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2017, 02:30:12 PM »

No one is saying you need to be "nice." It's just that you cant abuse them, especially after the cops have control over the perpetrator (in hand cuffs). Once in hand cuffs, you don't then "throw them into the paddy wagon." This could injure or even kill them.
Do you remember the Baltimore story about Freddie Gray who died after his spine injury with cops and a "paddy wagon" ?

Mistreatment and injury can cost thousands, sometimes millions of dollars awarded in civil cases. As a citizen, I don't want my city/county paying out thousands. That money could better be used for other purposes within my/our community. Talk about "rewarding" the perpetrators  .... let's just give him $100,000, or $2 million to the surviving family. And, even worse than money, is the loss of confidence in the department from many citizens.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2017, 02:53:50 PM »

Slowly but surely, this is leading to the fetishization of the police state.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2017, 03:02:23 PM »

I knew it.
Just like the Boy Scouts event, the police department (this time) is apologizing on behalf of the Orange Clown's words, and telling their police force to NOT follow the president's "suggestions."
Once again, the president gets an "F" on his report card.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2017, 03:13:09 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2017, 03:15:50 PM by Tartarus Sauce »

Trump should be thrown in the back of a paddy wagon and the police should not to be too nice about it.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2017, 03:23:17 PM »

"Notice how in Trump's example the person being lowered gently into the car is a murderer, as though most arrests being made were for murder. He conveniently casts the person in the "joke" as someone who has carried out an execution. Well of course the malleable audience of cops laps it up. Why think about the time cops tasered a kid on LSD in his genitals? Why think about the time they sicced an attack dog on a suicidal kid? Why think about the countless times they shot unarmed black people? Why think about putting down strikes and protests? Why think about pulling people out of wheelchairs? No, instead let's consider a M U R D E R E R bumping his head on the way into the car.

Schadenfreude and Sadism are bread and butter among police forces, who are systematically taught to think of themselves as highly disciplined heroes and not overfunded goon squads." - Aleph Nolan
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2017, 03:24:37 PM »

I knew it.
Just like the Boy Scouts event, the police department (this time) is apologizing on behalf of the Orange Clown's words, and telling their police force to NOT follow the president's "suggestions."
Once again, the president gets an "F" on his report card.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Lol, liberals are now defending police departments? If there was a controversial shooting you would throw the Suffolk County PD under the bus in a split second and you know it. I mean, of course they have to put out a pro forma denial to be PC, but in their hearts the men & women in blue know the president has their back and that's what matters.

Not that I'm endorsing either "side", but you have to understand where the other one is coming from.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2017, 03:40:40 PM »

I'm liberal and I have no problem with this. The police feel so scrutinized, like they have to be walking on pins and needles all the time, so attacked, and worry they have no support for their job. Trump is just giving them a pep talk. Loosening them up. Making them feel good. That's totally understandable.

Seriously.

The entire Democratic convention was exactly like how the GOP used to do in their conventions in the Reagan era.

I remember some on left thought it was way over the top in terms of patriotism and praising the troops, cops, firefighters etc.
Higgins
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2017, 03:42:15 PM »

Seriously.

The entire Democratic convention was exactly like how the GOP used to do in their conventions in the Reagan era.

I remember some on left thought it was way over the top in terms of patriotism and praising the troops, cops, firefighters etc.

It seemed hollow.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2017, 04:05:08 PM »

Seriously.

And the GOP Establishment/Neocon commentators wistfully saying, "That used to be us."
maga2020
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: 7.74

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2017, 04:20:43 PM »

Seriously.

All for nothing, the cops know the democrats are their enemies and side with domestic terrorists like BLM.

Cops had never been so excited to support a candidate like they did to Trump, Ferguson was the exact moment the democrats became a permanent minority in America.
Higgins
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2017, 04:23:34 PM »

Seriously.

All for nothing, the cops know the democrats are their enemies and side with domestic terrorists like BLM.

Cops had never been so excited to support a candidate like they did to Trump, Ferguson was the exact moment the democrats became a permanent minority in America.

Pretty much this. A certain wing of the Democrats have been the enemy of the "pigs" since the late 1960s.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies