DWS supported staff caught in a big scandal, DNC members want her to "go away"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:34:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  DWS supported staff caught in a big scandal, DNC members want her to "go away"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DWS supported staff caught in a big scandal, DNC members want her to "go away"  (Read 797 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 12, 2017, 09:58:04 AM »

Wasserman Schultz is again on defense after steadfastly refusing to explain why she continued to employ Imran Awan, an IT staffer who was under a federal investigation for an alleged equipment and data scam in the U.S. House since February. She finally fired him on July 25, one day after authorities arrested him on a seemingly unrelated mortgage fraud charge. He was at the airport leaving for Pakistan, after wiring $283,000 there.

The firing came a full six months after about two dozen House Democrats dismissed four of Awan’s relatives and a friend, all of whom were under investigation with him. Wasserman Schultz broke her public silence on Awan last week, portraying herself as the victim of "right wing media" attacks rooted in anti-Muslim bigotry aimed at Awan and the IT group. But fellow Democrats are as confounded and disbelieving as ever by her penchant for making puzzling and stubborn political missteps.

“We wish she would go away and stop being so public by doubling down on negative stories,” said Nikki Barnes, a progressive DNC member from Florida, who believes Wasserman Schultz left the national party “in shambles” while chair, culminating with the hack of DNC servers and the release of embarrassing internal emails by WikiLeaks in the 2016 campaign. As for Wasserman Schultz's defense, Barnes said “none of this makes sense. It doesn't sound like racial profiling … there must have been something for her.”

Barnes said she couldn’t understand why Wasserman Schultz made herself a target of attention by becoming the lone Democrat to employ Awan. Wasserman Schultz then drew even more negative attention to herself by publicly threatening the U.S. Capitol Police chief with “consequences” in a dispute over an office laptop under examination from investigators.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/10/debbie-wasserman-schultz-scandal-241466
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 10:07:56 AM »

K
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 12:03:05 AM »

I hate her so much, I would rather have Joe Kaufman or literally almost any other Republican than her.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 12:08:06 AM »

So... We should fire everyone under FBI investigation??
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 12:17:43 AM »

Congress should vote to expel her for "general annoyance".
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 12:22:36 AM »

She needs to either resign or face a serious primary challenger.  And I don't mean the same idiot who ran against her last year.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 09:30:09 AM »

Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 09:31:34 AM »

If it weren't conspiracy theorist wackjob Tim Canova running against her I'd want somebody from the left to challenge her.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 12:19:13 AM »

She needs to either resign or face a serious primary challenger.  And I don't mean the same idiot who ran against her last year.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 09:47:17 AM »

GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 10:03:39 AM »

BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2017, 12:36:46 PM »

TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 11:39:12 PM »

I hate her so much, I would rather have Joe Kaufman or literally almost any other Republican than her.

Holy crap, I agree with a staunch blue-dog on intra-party politics, for once. You know you've messed up when both a blue dog and a progressive want you to GTFO.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2017, 09:54:28 PM »

Holy crap, I agree with a staunch blue-dog on intra-party politics, for once. You know you've messed up when both a blue dog and a progressive want you to GTFO.

Lol, true dat bro.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies