MI-MIRS: Whitmer and Fieger tied in the Dem primary, Schuette leads the GOP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:16:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  MI-MIRS: Whitmer and Fieger tied in the Dem primary, Schuette leads the GOP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI-MIRS: Whitmer and Fieger tied in the Dem primary, Schuette leads the GOP  (Read 2029 times)
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« on: August 02, 2017, 03:22:58 PM »

Why exactly is Fieger perceived to be so bad? I know he lost in a landslide in 1998, but what was the reason for that? How did he do so bad? I honestly know very little about him and I can't seem to find any reason.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 05:56:47 PM »

Why exactly is Fieger perceived to be so bad? I know he lost in a landslide in 1998, but what was the reason for that? How did he do so bad? I honestly know very little about him and I can't seem to find any reason.

Geoffrey Fieger was Jack Kevorkian's attorney, he said a lot of very inflammatory things you can google, among which include saying that rabbis are "closer to the nazis than they think". Being inflammatory is much less of a liability than it used to be, with that said, Fieger would still be a major net liability because the kind of voters that care about inflammatory statements are the kind of voters Democrats are now trying to win over - middle class suburbanites.
Thanks! I wonder how many voters still remember his 1998 campaign. Next year, some voters will have been born after he last ran, but I'd imagine there'd still be a decent number who do remember him. And I wonder what an Engler 1998/Fieger 2018 voter would be like.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies