Attn: NRA members
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:14:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Attn: NRA members
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Attn: NRA members  (Read 1069 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 11, 2005, 12:03:19 AM »

Unlike the other political organizations around here, I have decided not to hold a conference for us to meet and talk.  I have been sort of busy lately and I'm sure that has partially affected my decision.  We will, of course, still hold our convention in October around Presidential election time.

Anyway, I am planning on holding endorsement votes once some debates start up sometime soon.  I will post a thread on that.

Also, if any NRA member has an issue they'd like to bring up or know of something that we should bring up as an organization or wants to give a speech, etc, please do so on this thread.

Thanks.  Smiley
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 12:08:34 AM »
« Edited: August 11, 2005, 12:12:30 AM by SoD Porce »

Fellow NRA members,

I am sure that many of you are understandably undecided as to who to endorse in the District 4 race because, as always, the Southeast tends to produce candidates who are pro gun rights.  However, here is how I have voted on gun related matters in the Southeast, for those who may find this information helpful.

I voted "Aye" on the Southeast Concealed Carry initiative in April, which passed.

I voted "Aye" on the Constitutional Amendment that protected the right of someone to keep and bear arms or keep low potency explosives, which passed.

I voted "Aye" on the Constitutional Amendment protecting one's right to self defense, which is currently being voted on now.

I support the legality of fireworks at all times during the year, and in American politics I opposed the assault weapons ban.  I oppose mandatory trigger locks and "cooling off" or waiting periods, which I believe are unnecessary.  I think you will that I am an extremely pro gun candidate and I hope that you vote to endorse me.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 06:14:01 AM »

Dear NRA members,

One time I murdered an entire room of people just because I wanted to try my new gun out.  Then one guy before he died said "damn, that is one awesome gun".

I think that this shows that I am the most pro-gun candidate on the whole slate and that you should totally endorse me.
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 03:19:04 PM »

NRA Members,

Should you choose to endorse me, you will endorse a candidate who firmly believes in the right of law-abiding Atlasians to own firearms. In the Mideast, I voted for our Concealed Carry Initiative. I have also voted for the amendment that allows for Atlasians to possess low potency explosives and firearms. In addition, I voted for the Constitutional amendment that ensures that Atlasians may defend themselves and others from imminent physical harm in the Senate. As a member of this organization, you can trust me to protect your constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 05:07:56 PM »

NRA Members:
Before you even consider voting to endorse me, know that if elected I will probably be the most leftist member of the Senate when it comes to gun issues.  While I fully support the second amendment right of every Atlasian to own a weapon, I simply do not see the need to allow asault weapons on the market.  While I fully support the ability of Atlasians to defend themselves, I simply do not see the need to make it legal to conceal weapons. 
Thus, while I would be thankful for this august organization's endorsement, I feel I have an obligation to ensure that members of the NRA make a decision with all of my views in mind.

Thank you.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 11:38:42 PM »

GUNS ARE EVIL!!!!! GUNS ARE EVIL!!! DOWN WITH GUNS!!!! DOWN WITH GUNS!!!
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 11:41:07 PM »

The scary thing is that I can't tell if Josh is joking, depending on what leadership conference he has been to last.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 04:35:06 AM »

After hearing Defarge's thoughts on gun control (and I appreciate his honesty with our association), I recommend to the association that we endorse TexasGurl (I-NH), as she is the only serious pro gun candidate in the race.  She opposes a ban on assault weapons and has stated that gun rights are just as important as the other rights in our Constitution.  I believe she would be an excellent Senator on gun issues, and this is why I recommend her endorsement of the association.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 10:05:18 AM »

Fellow NRA members, I will never vote for a bill that restricts the right to ownership of firearms*. I also think that most gun control measures are useless, too bureaucratic and even (in some cases) counterproductive.
Sure, we have a big problem with gun violence in this country, but the way to deal with it is not to punish responsible gunowners or to introduce cooling off periods (is there any evidence that these actually achive anything?) or whatever; the problem is the trickeling down of firearms into ghettos. But the problem there is not the guns; it's the very existence of societies where mindlessly shooting each other to get enough money for your next crack hit is somehow acceptable. To deal with that problem we have to deal with the wider problem of the existence of ghettos.

*I don't support the right to own high potency explosives and so on though.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2005, 11:58:48 AM »

I will be starting an NRA endorsement vote in a few minutes in this thread.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 03:48:01 PM »

I have always supported the right to bear arms and i am a member of the real NRA.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2005, 03:49:54 PM »

King is also running, and I don't think he opposes gun rights.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2005, 03:50:49 PM »

King isn't running they just didn't take his name off the ballot
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2005, 04:08:52 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=21974.msg584485#msg584485
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2005, 07:40:54 PM »

NRA members, while I disagree with your stance on assualt weapons and high potency explosives, I believe I am the closest to your views when it comes to defending your right to bear arms.

The vast majority of gun owners are responsible individuals who take their right seriously. We cannot blame the responsible owners for the gun violence issue. Punishing the overwhelming majority with ridiculous gun control laws will only hurt out nation. I will stand up for our rights if elected to the Senate.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2005, 08:48:11 PM »

NRA Members,

All three of us running for Governor of the Southeast are great defenders of gun ownership and none stand out above the rest on this issue. I ask the NRA to endorse all three candidates in the race, as all three will be great advocates for the gun owner in Memphis.

Jake
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2005, 10:52:05 PM »

King isn't running they just didn't take his name off the ballot

King is officially running, he's just not taking it seriously.  People have to right to endorse or not endorse a serious candidate if they want to.  I just abstained (to make the process easier).
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2005, 03:48:04 PM »

King is also running, and I don't think he opposes gun rights.

I am also a member of the NRA, but I'm not seeking the endorsement. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies