Why are so many True Leftists supportive of Erdogan and Modi?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:20:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Why are so many True Leftists supportive of Erdogan and Modi?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why are so many True Leftists supportive of Erdogan and Modi?  (Read 1769 times)
Gay Republican
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2017, 11:58:05 AM »
« edited: August 01, 2017, 12:05:44 PM by Gay Republican »

Here's a question:

Why are so many of BRTD's threads about things that literally only he believes?

Amusing from someone who believes that Shariah Law is enforced in the city I live in.

Nah there are a few more people than me that believe it, Red.  Probably a lot more than believe this thread title's question.  Anyway, this is an amusing thing to quibble over from a guy who literally thinks that Russians are the gravest threat facing Americans today (by the way Red, here is a scoreboard update for you: 3,024 Americans killed by radical Islamic Jihadists vs. oh what's that?  ZERO killed by freaking Russians!).

Besides, what the hell is a True Leftist anyway?  I don't know that and I don't think many people outside of maybe this place know that.  You guys got a lot of weird terms here.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2017, 02:13:33 PM »

It's pretty much the same line of thinking as "that guy is a son of a bitch, but he's our son of a bitch" displayed by the U.S. government toward allied undemocratic, usually rightist regimes. Just reversed.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2017, 07:34:07 PM »

Here's a question:

Amusing from someone who believes that Shariah Law is enforced in the city I live in.

Nah there are a few more people than me that believe it, Red.  Probably a lot more than believe this thread title's question.  Anyway, this is an amusing thing to quibble over from a guy who literally thinks that Russians are the gravest threat facing Americans today (by the way Red, here is a scoreboard update for you: 3,024 Americans killed by radical Islamic Jihadists vs. oh what's that?  ZERO killed by freaking Russians!).

Besides, what the hell is a True Leftist anyway?  I don't know that and I don't think many people outside of maybe this place know that.  You guys got a lot of weird terms here.

So a lot of people believe that I live under Sharia Law. Really. This is quite shocking to me. Amazing how I have never noticed it. Can you please point me to what ordinances in the Minneapolis Municipal Code are based on Sharia Law though?

The guy responsible for the vast majority of those deaths you stated was killed in 2011, thanks Obama! Meanwhile Putin's thugs continue to butcher more than that in Ukraine, who also shot down a Dutch aircraft.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2017, 08:55:32 PM »

Here's a question:

So a lot of people believe that I live under Sharia Law. Really. This is quite shocking to me. Amazing how I have never noticed it. Can you please point me to what ordinances in the Minneapolis Municipal Code are based on Sharia Law though?

The guy responsible for the vast majority of those deaths you stated was killed in 2011, thanks Obama! Meanwhile Putin's thugs continue to butcher more than that in Ukraine, who also shot down a Dutch aircraft.

You act like Putin's business in the Ukraine ezcuses Obama's droning of American citizens without trial.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2017, 09:23:46 PM »

Here's a question:

You act like Putin's business in the Ukraine ezcuses Obama's droning of American citizens without trial.

....I never even mentioned that, but yes, how shocking, I care more about innocent civilians in Ukraine (love how you used the Russian propaganda "the Ukraine" btw), and innocents above a Dutch airliner than Anwar al-Awlaki, how shocking. Roll Eyes
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2017, 12:06:49 AM »

Any true Leftist considers Erdogan nothing more than a Fascist totalitarian thug, especially considering his recent massive repression of the Kurdish Liberation Movement, attempts to scapegoat the Turkish Left and Kurds for an ISIS mass murder of Leftists/Kurdish protests where the Left were the victims....

A modern day attempt to resurrect the death squads and target political repression of the Ultra-Nationalists masked behind the veneer of a "Democratic Government"....

A wolf in sheep's clothing is still a wolf.... and a Fascist is still a Fascist.

Anyone not familiar with the political history of Turkey from the '70s-late '90s, needs to understand the historical impact of State Sponsored terrorism in Turkey and the support for the Grey Wolves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_Wolves_(organization)

No true Turkish Leftist would ever back this thug.

Sure, there might be a few wingnute in the US that consider themselves "Leftists", but their version of the Left, is apparently support for a quasi Fascist and totalitarian order, in a country that only a few decades back finally shed the legacy of totalitarian military coups every five years on average, where the Left and Ethnic Minorities were always the target, just as they are now in Erdogan's Turkey.

publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2017, 12:06:39 PM »

I think your confusing True Leftist with Gabbardite?

Also centrist liberals love Modi.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2017, 02:05:17 AM »

Here is a photo of true face of the Turkish Left, posted not very many months back...

The Turkish Left rejects the Fascist rule of the Erdogan dictatorship, regardless of Turkish, Kurdish, Armenian, or Alawaites backgrouns....

The face of modern day Fascism in Turkey will be in both the streets of the largest population centers within the country...  The Kurdish population of Istambul is currently measured at 4 Million, and trust me my Kurdish friends will fight back!!!!

Since the Fascist attempt to destroy the Kurdish Independence Movement in the '80s, over 4,000 villages have been destroyed by security forces.

The capitol of Turkish Occupied Kurdistan Diyarbakir (Pop 1 Million) has faced dramatic repression under the Erdogan regime....  Although I haven't seen tons of reports of active death squad activity resuming, instead leaders of Kurdish Political Parties are being rounded up in droves, despite the "offer" to shift towards political party activism and give up the armed struggle and support for the PKK.

After the genocide that the Kurds and Armenians, and many other ethic minorities faced when it came to the "foundation myth" of Ataturk, the last thing anyone wants to see is a revival of Fascism in Turkey... this time under a vague "Democratic" flag, as opposed to tanks, soldiers, and fighters controlling the streets, with summary executions and torture the norm and not the exception....

The EU and US needs to cut military and foreign aid to Turkey ASAP, since I don't believe we can reason with this guy, and he will lead to a dramatic escalation of rural and urban guerrilla warfare, massive social unrest and the like, if he continue down the path of creating yet another dictatorship in a country that is close to my heart.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2017, 08:17:40 AM »

What the Turkish Left does has nothing to do with what edgy Anglophone leftists post on Twitter or the Guardian's slant on the coverage of everything in Turkey.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2017, 07:55:36 PM »

What the Turkish Left does has nothing to do with what edgy Anglophone leftists post on Twitter or the Guardian's slant on the coverage of everything in Turkey.

Screw the edgy Anglophile leftists posts from the UK/USA.... As far as I am concerned, they are just a bunch of a**holes, that want to sit around and debate hypothetical scenarios in some coffee shop in some trendy district of the "city", while people are being murdered in the streets of Turkey.

I lived in Germany for a year in two very different cities, where I was also an "Auslander", and my best friends in Germany were immigrants from Turkey, Kurdistan, and Afghanistan (Political Asylum seekers).

I can't remember how many demonstrations I participated in during the Mid '90s where the Turkish Left were the organizers.....

Anyone who considers themselves a "Leftist" in North America or Europe that backs this thug, is not a "true Leftist" by any commonly understood definition.

Meanwhile, in Syrian Occupied Kurdistan, there is a true revolutionary social movement that has been occurring within the liberated areas, that has moved away from the Marxist-Leninist dogmatism of the PKK (Turkey), and the corrupt petroleum based and politically corrupt patronage based system of Iraqi Kurdistan (PUK and KDP)....

The Kurdish Revolutionary movement transcends national boundaries, for obvious reasons.

The current nexus of the true Kurdish Revolutionary movement is occurring in places like Rojava (Syrian Occupied Kurdistan).

https://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Rojava-Democratic-Liberation-Kurdistan/dp/0745336590

These movements are trickling across the porous borders of Kurdistan, and starting to influence the very concept of the Kurdish Revolutionary movement, in many ways...

So--- what does this mean for the Turkish Left?

We can debate all day about wankers and internet trolls of various political persuasions in the US/UK, but any true Leftist should be supportive of the current state of the Revolutionary Movement in Turkey...... It is impossible to discuss the Turkish Left, without talking about the Kurds, as well as various other ethnic and religious minorities that have suffered systematic persecution, including genocide, torture, assassination, and collective punishments at the hands of the State....

Any "True Leftist" needs to stand in solidarity with the activists from the Kurdish community, Labor activists, religious minorities, and many others suffering under the boot of Fascism in modern day Turkey.

So BRTD.... although I know you do "niche posting" and "classic Atlas" baits, but sorry I'm not that interested in some obscure posts from a few dudes on some other random Forum. When I hear "True Leftist", it actually means something, other than some random edgy article someone posted to try to obtain their Masters Degree, to go where "No Leftist has Ever Gone Before"....

It's total bunk, and deserves to be dumped into the dumpster fire of history, along with so many other bunk concepts....

IMHO.... Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies