Why are so many True Leftists supportive of Erdogan and Modi? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:19:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Why are so many True Leftists supportive of Erdogan and Modi? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are so many True Leftists supportive of Erdogan and Modi?  (Read 1808 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: July 31, 2017, 11:01:07 AM »

I have a positive opinion of Erdogan and even I'm not sure why a true leftist type would be supportive of him. BRTD show us proof. Tongue

lol why?
I loathe Kemalism, that's why. France-style secularism imposed on a country that's religious on the level of Alabama or Georgia, if not more. It's profoundly undemocratic. Kemalism is toxic waste, trash, a sorry excuse for a secular dictatorship where parties could be banned solely for being influenced by religion. Erdogan's AKP is a good fit for the country. He needs to do more to help unify the country though. That's important; and I don't think he's been doing that as much as he should in the aftermath. He's been arresting too many people, and frankly he needs to leave Gulen alone.

So what you're saying is that if the majority is bigoted and wants a bloodthirsty, anti-freedom democracy they should be allowed to have it? Nice. Let's just let Alabama go back to the era of segregation, am I right? And Saudi Arabia executing gays is fine because the majority there supports it?

Segregation in Alabama was more complicated than simple "bigotry".

"I don't hate Blacks, but segregation is a necessary evil for now, because neither side is ready"/"I don't hate Blacks, but we must protect ourselves against being replaced by cheap Black labor"/"I don't hate Blacks, but hey, what's wrong with separate but equal principle?" are still a bigotry, intentional or not. What counts are the results.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 02:13:33 PM »

It's pretty much the same line of thinking as "that guy is a son of a bitch, but he's our son of a bitch" displayed by the U.S. government toward allied undemocratic, usually rightist regimes. Just reversed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies