North Korea Mega Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:36:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  North Korea Mega Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 34
Author Topic: North Korea Mega Thread  (Read 78202 times)
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: August 08, 2017, 09:23:55 PM »

So what happens if North Korea attacks Guam with ballistic missiles? And the ideology of communism will not flourish much longer on the face of the planet. Trump is doing exactly what he needs to do IMO by issuing a warning and it means he's serious about it.

enjoy getting drafted little boy

Let's hope he's the first one to go given he's so enthusiastic about it.

I have been saying it and I would be proud to serve my country to defend it at all costs.

Then go ahead and sign up...what are you waiting for cuck?
Not everyone at Atlas loves America enough to put politics aside.

I'm not a big flag-waver, but I'm an American and I pray that our President (whether you like the fact or not) will succeed in his objectives for America in this matter.

This is exactly right. It's a fight to retain our freedoms and democracy. I'll be sure to wait for you to defend us while you cower in fear. And I'd also ask if everyone on this forum could exercise a degree of political tolerance for others' political beliefs. This isn't about our leanings, it's about the safety and security of our nation among others. If you won't protect it, you are inherently un-American.

"If you don't agree with my perception of this situation, you aren't a real American"

Sounds about right

There are people on this forum who know who they are that would root for another nation against America in a conflict; even an existential conflict.  That they have been nurtured and suckled on the breast of American public education, and sheltered from the threats much of the world's people endure daily by America's law enforcement and military apparatus, all while enjoying personal freedoms that much of the world does not enjoy, is something they are blind to.  They have received so much from America, and yet will not even defend it verbally, let alone with their lives.  

And why?  Because America isn't perfect?  Because there was once slavery and Jim Crow?  Because they have to endure Evangelical Christians in their midst?  Because they have issues when they use public restrooms that the government won't accommodate them on?  Because they don't like Trump?   Because their real loyalty is to their own ethnic group, religious sect, or political movement, and those tribal and parochial loyalties are never transcended by duty to, and love for country?  

The Un-American spirit is the spirit of a person that will not be down with his/her country when there is an existential threat to the point of wishing success on the efforts of leaders they don't like and may not agree with.  I didn't like Bush 43 and didn't like the Iraq War, but I never rooted for our troops to fail.  That many weren't as good to Obama as that doesn't make it "American" to return the favor to Trump.  There are lots of folks here that vote, that take the benefits of America, but hate the Republic for which the flag stands (or, at best, feel indifferent to it).  I won't call you out, but you give yourselves away with your rhetoric.  I hope that maturity fixes that problem someday for a number of you.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #226 on: August 08, 2017, 09:24:15 PM »

So what happens if North Korea attacks Guam with ballistic missiles? And the ideology of communism will not flourish much longer on the face of the planet. Trump is doing exactly what he needs to do IMO by issuing a warning and it means he's serious about it.

I have been saying it and I would be proud to serve my country to defend it at all costs.

I'm not a big flag-waver, but I'm an American and I pray that our President (whether you like the fact or not) will succeed in his objectives for America in this matter.

This is exactly right. It's a fight to retain our freedoms and democracy. I'll be sure to wait for you to defend us while you cower in fear. And I'd also ask if everyone on this forum could exercise a degree of political tolerance for others' political beliefs. This isn't about our leanings, it's about the safety and security of our nation among others. If you won't protect it, you are inherently un-American.

"If you don't agree with my perception of this situation, you aren't a real American"

Sounds about right
Well, he was saying that if you don't want to protect America, then that's un-American.  

I certainly wouldn't call it pro-America, would you?
AtorBoltox

« Reply #227 on: August 08, 2017, 09:26:45 PM »

So not wanting nuclear war means you hate America?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #228 on: August 08, 2017, 09:27:24 PM »

Anyways Trump attempt to look tough has failed, NK has called his bluff so much for those 'balls' he has.

Just exactly which nation are you rooting for here?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #229 on: August 08, 2017, 09:28:54 PM »

Literally no one said that.  If we went to war, God forbid, and you don't support America in that war, then that is standing against America.

Seriously people, this isn't a hard concept.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #230 on: August 08, 2017, 09:29:25 PM »

No, it means that you must try to prevent it from happening and save lives.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #231 on: August 08, 2017, 09:29:37 PM »

I don't believe Donald Trump wants nuclear war.  I don't believe many people here really believe that if they are honest with themselves.  I think some people can't put aside their hatred for Trump to sincerely support America in this.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #232 on: August 08, 2017, 09:30:24 PM »

Anyways Trump attempt to look tough has failed, NK has called his bluff so much for those 'balls' he has.

Yeah... I think you've got it. President Trump (Republican) is a bully, and like all bullies,  a coward as well. He's also lazy, much more inclined to stunts than any sort of real work. This is really just him spinning his usual line of BS trying to look like the toughest guy in the room.

While there's a small chance he'll stumble into something massively deadly, that doesn't go up or down based on something as insubstantial as what he says. I'm pretty sure even Kim and his regime know that Trump is full of BS.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #233 on: August 08, 2017, 09:31:48 PM »

Literally no one said that.  If we went to war, God forbid, and you don't support America in that war, then that is standing against America.

But literally no one said they'd support North Korea in a war against America either, all they said is that this war shouldn't happen. You then said these people hate america. Seriously, this is the exact same rhetoric that was used in 2003.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #234 on: August 08, 2017, 09:32:04 PM »

Sounds about right

There are people on this forum who know who they are that would root for another nation against America in a conflict; even an existential conflict.  That they have been nurtured and suckled on the breast of American public education, and sheltered from the threats much of the world's people endure daily by America's law enforcement and military apparatus, all while enjoying personal freedoms that much of the world does not enjoy, is something they are blind to.  They have received so much from America, and yet will not even defend it verbally, let alone with their lives.  

And why?  Because America isn't perfect?  Because there was once slavery and Jim Crow?  Because they have to endure Evangelical Christians in their midst?  Because they have issues when they use public restrooms that the government won't accommodate them on?  Because they don't like Trump?   Because their real loyalty is to their own ethnic group, religious sect, or political movement, and those tribal and parochial loyalties are never transcended by duty to, and love for country?  

The Un-American spirit is the spirit of a person that will not be down with his/her country when there is an existential threat to the point of wishing success on the efforts of leaders they don't like and may not agree with.  I didn't like Bush 43 and didn't like the Iraq War, but I never rooted for our troops to fail.  That many weren't as good to Obama as that doesn't make it "American" to return the favor to Trump.  There are lots of folks here that vote, that take the benefits of America, but hate the Republic for which the flag stands (or, at best, feel indifferent to it).  I won't call you out, but you give yourselves away with your rhetoric.  I hope that maturity fixes that problem someday for a number of you.

Unclutch your lapel please.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #235 on: August 08, 2017, 09:32:25 PM »

Yeah... I think you've got it. President Trump (Republican) is a bully, and like all bullies,  a coward as well. He's also lazy, much more inclined to stunts than any sort of real work. This is really just him spinning his usual line of BS trying to look like the toughest guy in the room.

While there's a small chance he'll stumble into something massively deadly, that doesn't go up or down based on something as insubstantial as what he says. I'm pretty sure even Kim and his regime know that Trump is full of BS.
Is there any point in mentioning that Trump is a Republican in every post? No one cares, and everyone knows already.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #236 on: August 08, 2017, 09:33:46 PM »

I support any efforts to stop nuclear war. Trumps stupid blustering and sabre rattling does not do this. Opposing the presidents actions does not mean you want North Korea to win. Get that through your thick skulls
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #237 on: August 08, 2017, 09:34:40 PM »

But literally no one said they'd support North Korea in a war against America either, all they said is that this war shouldn't happen. You then said these people hate america. Seriously, this is the exact same rhetoric that was used in 2003.

Yep, especially funny considering how the Trump crowd made Clinton's support of the war such a big issue. The lack of self awareness is showing.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #238 on: August 08, 2017, 09:35:07 PM »

He made a threat he couldn't back up in a feeble attempt to look tough, if you makes threats like that you follow through. We heard for years how Obama was weak from cons and how 'tough' Trump is with 'balls'.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #239 on: August 08, 2017, 09:36:04 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2017, 09:37:50 PM by The Saint »

Literally no one said that.  If we went to war, God forbid, and you don't support America in that war, then that is standing against America.

I never said anyone did.  I was talking about what Fuzzy Bear said when he said that not supporting America in a war is being anti-America.  Is that not the proper terminology?  In a war against North Korea, we would all be anti-North Korea.  We would be un-North Korean in opposing North Korea's dictatorship and heinous actions.

And I would NEVER EVER say someone falsely hates America. At the end of the day, Americans need to be united.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #240 on: August 08, 2017, 09:38:14 PM »

I never said anyone did.  I was talking about what Fuzzy Bear said when he said that not supporting America in a war is being anti-America.  Is that not the proper terminology?  In a war against North Korea, we would all be anti-North Korea.  We would be un-North Korean in opposing North Korea's dictatorship and heinous actions.
What is this dross                                                                                                                                         
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #241 on: August 08, 2017, 09:39:18 PM »

The world finds itself in this precarious situation thanks to eight years of inactivity and wimping out by Obama.  
AtorBoltox

« Reply #242 on: August 08, 2017, 09:40:48 PM »

The world finds itself in this precarious situation thanks to eight years of inactivity and wimping out by Obama.  
North Korea first nuclear test- Oct 9 2006
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #243 on: August 08, 2017, 09:41:08 PM »

Among others.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #244 on: August 08, 2017, 09:41:58 PM »

And I would NEVER EVER say someone falsely hates America. At the end of the day, Americans need to be united.

Given a binary choice between America and North Korea, I think it's perfectly possible for Americans to side with America but still chastise the leadership for provoking or even initiating a war that could have (and should have) been avoided.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #245 on: August 08, 2017, 09:42:10 PM »

Can we all agree that it is not one party's fault for North Korea's growing nuclear program? Better action should have been taken for years now.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #246 on: August 08, 2017, 09:43:23 PM »

Given a binary choice between America and North Korea, I think it's perfectly possible for Americans to side with America but still chastise the leadership for provoking or even initiating a war that could have (and should have) been avoided.
Yeah I definitely agree here.  It's fine to disagree with leadership and provocations leading to war.

In regards to Iraq, people disagreed with Bush over going in, but no one is hoping that the troops die there.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #247 on: August 08, 2017, 09:45:43 PM »

Sounds about right

It takes an uncommon amount of stupidity to make this take
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #248 on: August 08, 2017, 09:46:22 PM »

What nation is there to root for? This is a dick measuring contest between two unhinged maniacs who happen to have access to nuclear arsenals. Either of them getting their way would be detrimental to both nations, why would anyone root for that?
AtorBoltox

« Reply #249 on: August 08, 2017, 09:46:27 PM »

The hysteria over this is completely unwarranted. North Korea has absolutely nothing to gain by nuclear war
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 34  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies