How do I go about adding elections?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:27:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  About this Site
  Talk Elections Q & A
  How To (Moderator: Virginiá)
  How do I go about adding elections?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How do I go about adding elections?  (Read 1142 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 31, 2017, 11:29:15 AM »

For example, I wanted to add Washington 200 referendum of '98, but I'm confused on what I do with the spreadsheet and what to do afterwards. If anyone can help, I'd be thankful for it.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 05:06:23 PM »

Great question. I've been confused about this for a long time.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 01:43:15 AM »

For example, I wanted to add Washington 200 referendum of '98, but I'm confused on what I do with the spreadsheet and what to do afterwards. If anyone can help, I'd be thankful for it.

Not giving a comprehensive explanation right now but you have to convert the spreadsheet (save an extra copy first!) into a raw text document and make sure you delete any columns that have any extra spaces in them.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 06:31:54 PM »

Not giving a comprehensive explanation right now but you have to convert the spreadsheet (save an extra copy first!) into a raw text document and make sure you delete any columns that have any extra spaces in them.

Oh I didn't even know this was posted. I appreciate it though!
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 10:50:23 PM »

No problem. Any luck?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 11:30:16 PM »

See this: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=51176.msg1087503#msg1087503

There are many tiny little steps to it (that I always forget in between rounds of adding data, which tends to be pretty long periods of time), but if you get something wrong, generally the upload script will give you an error that is self-explanatory enough that you can correct.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 11:13:02 AM »

No problem. Any luck?

Oh I haven't found the time to do anything with this yet, but I do plan to do it asap.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies