New Jersey
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:53:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  New Jersey
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: New Jersey  (Read 1204 times)
Pollster
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2017, 08:39:50 PM »

The Newark/Camden/Jersey City trifecta of African Americans (first two) and Hispanics (the latter) in addition to the heavily Jewish suburbs (and also the exploding Indian-American population in the central counties) will keep NJ blue for the foreseeable future until the GOP makes inroads with those groups.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2017, 08:43:45 PM »

Very good point made above about how the state is still boss-controlled, which will also help the Dem party (albeit a visibly corrupt one) stay in power. Very little happens in NJ politics without the blessing of George Norcross, whose influence is so powerful it will likely prevent a primary challenge to Menendez this upcoming cycle.
AN63093

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2017, 09:40:22 PM »

Great post Timmy.

I think we disagree more in terms of degree, as opposed to kind.  I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say cultural issues will only make up "1/4 of the energy," but I don't think that's an unreasonable prediction either.

As someone that's on the upper bounds of the millennial range (I'm in that gray area that's not old enough to be Gen X, but whose childhood was in the 80s and sometimes feel I had a completely different upbringing than younger millennials), so I don't know that I'm particularly qualified to speak about millennials, but I will say that at least among my peer group, I have observed behavior and attitudes similar to what you are speaking of.  Granted, my perspective is limited to people of my socio-economic group, so I hesitate to generalize.

But you may be on to something.  Time will tell of course, but speaking for myself, even though I am admittedly quite a bit more socially conservative than the average millennial I fear, I'm also not religious and am, more often than not, uninterested in litigating these issues (and especially re-litigating "old" or "settled" issues), except maybe immigration (that is, if we are to consider that a "social issue").  I would hazard to guess that most in my peer group feel the same way, from conservative to liberal, though again with the caveat that my perspective is necessarily limited, and I personally know more liberals than conservatives so that may also skew my observation.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies